Just wondering someting...

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
I like the size of the chicken biskit cracker box (OMG they are so good) which is 2.4 x 6.8 x 9.6 inches well the family size... It is looking abit small for a mITX MB, a dual slot GPU under the board & A PSU inside... Anyway would 9.1 x 8.2 x 2.6 inches be better?? A TFX PSU seems good...

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Maybe if you painted it black w/ red highlighting so it looked more like an element q

I would love a cad file of that I could open in protocase so I could modify it, just add to it so a dual slot GPU would fit under the MB...

I would suggest a low-profile GPU so you can keep the computer in the cracker box. I feel that making the computer larger would spoil the build, making it far less yummy.

How high would it need to be for a dual slot GPU under the MB??? A TFX psu is 2.6 wide so the second sets of dems for a case would work...

Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
But would it fit in an element q?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Has anyone ever tried to contact Thermaltake if they still have an Element Q somewhere or want to rerelease it ??

Reactions: jØrd

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Has anyone ever tried to contact Thermaltake if they still have an Element Q somewhere or want to rerelease it ??

Oh, it is discontinued... Any cad files of it, I would love one I could open it in protoxase (ask if someone can convert it, so I can), anyway a few changes & that would be ready... So just like they did with Ncase make a ODD option (make the ODD a slimline or a laptop ODD, they have a button), have the 3.5 cutout be for a 3.5 i/o bay you can just buy... So you can upgrade that with a new MB you decide to get & just move the MB tray up then use that space for a dual GPU...

Mar 6, 2017
The Apex MI-008 looks an awful lot like the Element Q. In fact, I'd even say it is the Element Q, just with a different front panel.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
The Apex MI-008 looks an awful lot like the Element Q. In fact, I'd even say it is the Element Q, just with a different front panel.
IS there a model out there, man I wish protocase could inport models... Hmmm, SFX PSUs seem to be getting better...

Last edited: