News Jonsbo announces new ITX case V8

The article is in Chinese. So, use your favourite online translator.
Coming in with a size of 249.5 x 260 x 390 (25.3L) is a little big for many here, I suppose.
330mm GPU support, 240 rad, 195mm CPU cooler...etc are not bad at all.
But, nonetheless, I hope this is just Jonsbo's first step and many more will come.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The article is in Chinese. So, use your favourite online translator.
Coming in with a size of 249.5 x 260 x 390 (25.3L) is a little big for many here, I suppose.
330mm GPU support, 240 rad, 195mm CPU cooler...etc are not bad at all.
But, nonetheless, I hope this is just Jonsbo's first step and many more will come.

The design somehow reminds me to Bitfenix Prodigy. Anyway overall it's quite nice.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Maybe it is their way to lure people to move away from a mid/mini tower?
If the V8 is, say, ~15L, then perhaps their target market will be scared off due to the too-small size?

Anyway, the material and construction quality appear to be good.
But, as I mentioned in another post, I really do not like having a solid front panel. Having a 200mm front fan pulling air in through those narrow 'strips' is not appealing to me at all.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Hmm, I love jonsbo. I have 3 of their cases, and my daily is a U5. I'd like an ITX version, but they are always so hard to get in the USA. I'll keep my eye on this one. The front ventilation doesn't look the greatest though. ? Gotta cool that 5700xt somehow!

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
Hmm, I love jonsbo. I have 3 of their cases, and my daily is a U5. I'd like an ITX version, but they are always so hard to get in the USA. I'll keep my eye on this one. The front ventilation doesn't look the greatest though. ? Gotta cool that 5700xt somehow!
Yea seems like people are already pointing out the restricted airflow for that front 200mm. They couldn't really be launching a case based around a giant fan, and then choke the fan could they?!

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Yea seems like people are already pointing out the restricted airflow for that front 200mm. They couldn't really be launching a case based around a giant fan, and then choke the fan could they?!
Yes they could. Typical Jonsbo fashion. Their build quality and materials are usually great, but they make some odd design choices. So you gotta take the good with the bad. I'll wait for a review though, if that ever happens.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Still bulky for me.. But looks great, Jonsbo always make me fall in love.. hope can try it, if available in my country

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I really like the concept and the price point is un-beatable with <100EUR ( in China)

Would be interesting to see a thermal comparison if the vents on the left and right sides were closed. After the experience I gained with my MID1 (wind-tunnel) design I think this could work even better (unless you use some 2.5 slot GPU).

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I really like the concept and the price point is un-beatable with <100EUR ( in China)

Would be interesting to see a thermal comparison if the vents on the left and right sides were closed. After the experience I gained with my MID1 (wind-tunnel) design I think this could work even better (unless you use some 2.5 slot GPU).
I think your MID1 might have better airflow than the V8 as I think the front 200mm intake fan is really impeded by the front panel. If you look closely, the front panel is almost sitting right in front of the fan, perhaps fewer than 5mm. And the surrounding strip of intake grille is so narrow. Contrarily, your MID1 has unobstructed front+rear fan.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I think your MID1 might have better airflow than the V8 as I think the front 200mm intake fan is really impeded by the front panel. If you look closely, the front panel is almost sitting right in front of the fan, perhaps fewer than 5mm. And the surrounding strip of intake grille is so narrow. Contrarily, your MID1 has unobstructed front+rear fan.

hmm... probably you are right. This reminds me of one of my old COOLERMASTER SFF cases. The intake fan was also sitting right behind a closed front panel. I finally ended up using this case only as open air bench cause thermals were really bad.

Edit: do you think that Front Part is removable? Then we could design something with vent holes. The Coolermaster had it glued, so I couldn't remove it without breaking the case.

Last edited:

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
If these are four screws there that would be great.

I could buy one and check it out for the forum if enough people here are interested. But we should share the purchasing cost. its 85 USD. After my review we can make a lottery for everyone who joined and I'll ship it to the winner.

Who's in?
I'm kinda jealous that you can get these parts so easily. I'm not really that interested in the case, as I'm holding out for some others for my system move.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm kinda jealous that you can get these parts so easily. I'm not really that interested in the case, as I'm holding out for some others for my system move.

Yeah, on the other hand I can't get some of my favorite German foods here. ?

PS: I just ordered one. I want to have a look myself and compare thermals and noise with my own cases. Still can return it unless someone here would like to have it afterwards.

Reactions: rfarmer

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Here is an open-box video.

At 0:28, it shows the 4 screws, presumably holding the solid silver part of the front panel.
At 2:24, it shows the exploded view of the V8. Note that the solid silver part appears to be removable too! After removal, the opening for front IO on the front mesh also appears to be just the right rectangular size to be covered by the front IO panel itself (see 0:33).
So, after the removal of that silver solid part, the front looks great except those 4 screw openings on the mesh.

I think, if Jonsbo was clever enough, they should have designed to align those 4 screw holes with the 4 screws holding the 200mm fan behind. If so, then the 4 screw fans could be unscrewed and reinstalled again through those 4 mesh openings. This would be an ingenious design.