Production JIMU D+ V2.0 - The All-in-one ITX Case

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
All Your Needs, All-in-one.

The D+ 2.0 is an "all-in-one" case that aims to combine most of the mainstream, well-designed ITX cases into one configurable package through the use of a single common skeleton. Adding additional components will transform the case into other types of layouts and configurations.

There are four main types of configurations, refer to the infographic for more information.
In simpler terms, the basic package is the "base game", and packages A, B, C, D, D-2 are "DLCs".

Join our Discord if you need assistance or have any queries regarding the case.

DSC01094.jpg
DSC01621.jpg DSC01063.jpg
DSC01068.jpg

You can view some of the Q&As here:

Webstore Opening Information

The webstore will be open on 10pm PST on 19th December 2021.
Note that the cases are currently still in production and the current estimate for shipping is either late December, or in January 2022.

The webstore URL is: https://store.jmcustomized.com/

Attachments

• QQ图片202201232202508-min (1).jpg
    QQ图片202201232202508-min (1).jpg
    514 KB · Views: 822
  • QQ20220122164509.jpg
    QQ20220122164509.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 803
  • QQ图片20220129023256.png
    QQ图片20220129023256.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Looks nice, lets see a prototype. Also from a inventory perspective, your going to have to have to stock a lot of it, with all of the different versions, especially if you offer different colors.

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
@JM Customized

Is this case in production yet, or have you used the incorrect tag?

Once a product hits funding/production here on the forum, we kindly request the vendor to comply with the Marketplace Rules as per our Terms and Conditions - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/help/terms/ Namely, applying for a Vendor banner.
Hello, the case is about to be in production soon, this is my first time posting here so I may have chosen an inappropriate tag. Apologies for that. I will apply for a Vendor banner. Thanks for the clarification.

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
@JM Customized

Is this case in production yet, or have you used the incorrect tag?

Once a product hits funding/production here on the forum, we kindly request the vendor to comply with the Marketplace Rules as per our Terms and Conditions - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/help/terms/ Namely, applying for a Vendor banner.
May I know where can I view an overview of the procedures to verify as a vendor? The link does not have a section for actionable steps.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Looks interesting. For the "traditional" layout it might be worth it to have a top hat style extension or something to allow fans below the gpu. Seems to be pretty important in compact "traditional" layout cases and would still be useful in all layouts. @Alloy Craft is right though that there are already a ton different pieces as it is so adding more is maybe not feasible/not the direction to go...

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
May I know where can I view an overview of the procedures to verify as a vendor? The link does not have a section for actionable steps.

At a minimum, a vendor must hold a current Silver, or higher subscription.

It is important that vendors contact SFF.N such that they can be given a banner confirming their status as a representative of a particular brand. Please contact an admin to request a user banner displaying your company affiliation, which we use to ensure transparency and verify identities for users.

:)

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
Looks interesting. For the "traditional" layout it might be worth it to have a top hat style extension or something to allow fans below the gpu. Seems to be pretty important in compact "traditional" layout cases and would still be useful in all layouts. @Alloy Craft is right though that there are already a ton different pieces as it is so adding more is maybe not feasible/not the direction to go...
There will be top hats available for package A, C, D, and they can be installed either on top or below. Yes the extra two fans does indeed help with GPU cooling significantly, the top hats can also be installed both at the bottom and at the top, allowing you to have a vertical airflow chamber.
Looks nice, lets see a prototype. Also from a inventory perspective, your going to have to have to stock a lot of it, with all of the different versions, especially if you offer different colors.
For the colors, when it is closer to the actual production, I will be doing a poll in the Discord server to gather some popular colors and produce some for each. The quantity isn't decided yet.

Inventory wise, I will be releasing more information about that soon.

Last edited:

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
I understand that there will always be comments about the case being a clone of the T1, but do take some time to take a look at the internal structures and the possible configurations of the D+, don't always judge a book by its cover.

Back in May this year I have already started working on the updates to differentiate the D+ case from the T1, and I have already released news about the different modes available for the case to be transformed into, including package B which does not need a PCIe riser, and package C, a vertical tower mode. That was when T1 was still v1.5, and still did not their reference mode which is the mode that does not need the PCIe riser, as well as their T1 tower mode.

It was only after I released news about the different modes available, T1 pulled back their v1.5 case and just updated straight to v2.0 with the reference mode and the tower mode.

From the chronological order of events, I do not believe it is fair for onlookers to just come and comment about this case being simply a T1 clone every single time I post something about the D+.

As for the pricing, because of how complex the internal structures are, this has caused production cost to rise for the sake of having more compatibility and the potential to transform into other cases.

There are many common parts to each modes, and changing the case to different layouts only require changing some parts of the case. Not replacing the whole case altogether which would've been so much easier to design and I wouldn't have to spend so much time and effort into cross compatibility.

The T1 will be cheaper due to how simple its internal structures are and I do not think it is fair to compare apples to oranges, even though they are both fruits.

So please pay more attention to the details of this so called T1 clone before making your comments.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have not done a detail comparison between your 2 selling points, namely your own site (https://store.jmcustomized.com/) and your Taobao store.
Are the D+ prices identical between them (ignoring the currency conversion between Taobao's CNY and your own site's USD) ?
What is the difference between them?
Taobao for order within China and your store for the rest?
Regarding shipping cost, does an order through Taobao and through your own site ship from the same warehouse in China?

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
I have not done a detail comparison between your 2 selling points, namely your own site (https://store.jmcustomized.com/) and your Taobao store.
Are the D+ prices identical between them (ignoring the currency conversion between Taobao's CNY and your own site's USD) ?
What is the difference between them?
Taobao for order within China and your store for the rest?
Regarding shipping cost, does an order through Taobao and through your own site ship from the same warehouse in China?
Hello, the prices are the same for both stores. The only difference is the shipping method which I will explain in the following:

On Taobao (Taobao's own logistics company):
Takes about 3-5 business days for the vendor to ship to the transit warehouse, and going through customs matters and warehouse packing.

At the warehouse, you will be given the choice to bundle your goods together with items bought from other stores (if you have any), and will need to pay a fee for shipping/taxes.

After that, depending on whether you chose to deliver by Air, or by Sea freight, it will take another 3-5 business days to wait for the Air/Sea freight airplane/ship to be scheduled to put your goods on board, and then the goods will then be in transit to your location (another week or so) to be given to your local courier for delivery. Tracking status will be on Taobao itself.

In conclusion, delivery times for Taobao could range from 2 weeks, to up to a month (business days).

On Webstore (FedEx International Priority):

The vendor will ship the goods to the courier warehouse in another province (1-2 business days), the courier will then handle customs and packing matters, and pass the goods to FedEx where they will transit the goods to the destination country (could range from 3-5 business days to 1 week+). After the courier hands the goods to FedEx, the shipping label will then be created and a tracking code will be sent to you for tracking.

In conclusion, delivery times for Webstore will range from 3-5 days to 1 week+ (business days).

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am in China. When I order, I think I will go with the Taobao route, which I bet is equally fast (SF Express cannot lose to FedEx) and certainly cheaper. Agree?