ITX Streaming M.2 to PCIe

darkchosen1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
I'm going to 1st apologize as im very new to this. I have my heart set on using an x570 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX with a new Ryzen 3000 chip. Unfortunately I'm sure you all know there are no ITX boards with multiple PCIe slots. Ive seen an adapter for M.2 to PCIe and was wondering if anyone would know if this would support a GPU like a 2070 Super or maybe even a capture card like an Elgato 4k Pro. Theres many of these floating around the web. The reason as there are no integrated graphics on anything for the Ryzen 3600 or higher. I may be interested in going to the 3900x but If i must go Intel on this build, i will. Let me state this is strictly a streaming build. So to have a capture card PCIe and run a GPU, for me would be ideal. Thank you to all that read and put in their knowledge.

1s44c

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
The 1000d will fit a small family and their dog. It is also $500. If you really care about having a mini-itx and or small form factor system, then sell the case and buy something like the Kimera Cerberus or Sliger SM580 which are both readily available and easy to build in while being small. The SM 580 in particular would be a good fit as you can order it with a bifurcating riser that will split the x16 coming form the motherboard into 2 x8 links. However, your motherboard must explicitly support bifurcation for this to work. As far as the gigabyte, support for bifurcation is a hit and miss. On the other hand, [almost] every ASRock mobo supports bifurcation. So if you can fly with the asrock board then you should be good to go. Do keep in mind that you will need a sfx psu, and that your gpu will be limited to only x8 lanes. Another option is to use an external capture card like this one .

darkchosen1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
The 1000d will fit a small family and their dog. It is also $500. If you really care about having a mini-itx and or small form factor system, then sell the case and buy something like the Kimera Cerberus or Sliger SM580 which are both readily available and easy to build in while being small. The SM 580 in particular would be a good fit as you can order it with a bifurcating riser that will split the x16 coming form the motherboard into 2 x8 links. However, your motherboard must explicitly support bifurcation for this to work. As far as the gigabyte, support for bifurcation is a hit and miss. On the other hand, [almost] every ASRock mobo supports bifurcation. So if you can fly with the asrock board then you should be good to go. Do keep in mind that you will need a sfx psu, and that your gpu will be limited to only x8 lanes. Another option is to use an external capture card like this one .
i didnt say anything about a small form factor build buti will look into this SM 580 and if the MB supports this bifurcation. Thank you

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
i didnt say anything about a small form factor build buti will look into this SM 580 and if the MB supports this bifurcation. Thank you
Arround here we are assuming people that are using itx-boards do it because they want a small board for a small pc. If you use a big-a.. case why not go with matx or atx and be done with it.

A cerberus-x with a standard atx mobo will save you a lot of trouble and will still be smaller.

Reactions: Arboreal

darkchosen1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
So why are you here? Check out /r/buildapc or /r/buildMeApc
sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone here. I was told about this website when i went to a group with this problem. OK heres the deal. I have a Corsair 1000d. This case supports dual systems. i already have an eatx in there and have room for an itx. ITX only has 1 PCIe slot so i was hoping that an M.2 to PCIe would solve my problem of wanting to run a GPU and a capture card at the same time. With this siad i have no plans on changing cases just advice on if anyone knows if this hardware works for a GPU or capture card properly.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone here. I was told about this website when i went to a group with this problem. OK heres the deal. I have a Corsair 1000d. This case supports dual systems. i already have an eatx in there and have room for an itx. ITX only has 1 PCIe slot so i was hoping that an M.2 to PCIe would solve my problem of wanting to run a GPU and a capture card at the same time. With this siad i have no plans on changing cases just advice on if anyone knows if this hardware works for a GPU or capture card properly.
Yeah, m.2 is basically just a modified PCIe x2/x4 slot, and can be very easily be adapted using any of a large assortment of cables/plugins

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Something like this might be what you're looking for.

darkchosen1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Something like this might be what you're looking for.
That was exactly what i was looking at. I plan on getting an x570 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX. it will be a streaming build. I would like to have a 2070 Super with an Avermedia Live Gamer 4k capture card. but as i stated only one PCIe slot on an ITX board. So one of these im hoping would allow me to use both and use them properly.

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
I have had some good luck with cables from ADT. They have a section specifically for m.2 to pcie with the proper transfer speeds. The cables aren't too expensive and have a wide range of sizes but shipping to the US was $30.