Is it possible to have water cooling the Sentry from Dr. Zaber

knowledge

What's an ITX?
Original poster
May 22, 2017
I am fairly new to the world of ITX computer builds, but I saw the Sentry from Dr. Zaber and absolutely feel in love with the design. However, I heard that due to the lack of active cooling, the components in the case could get VERY hot under load and I couldn't help but wonder...

Would it be possible to NOT use an SFX power supply and instead use an HDPlex 300W PSU (along with a power brick) and use the extra space in the case to either place a fan or a very small and slim radiator for potential water cooling of the CPU (however, I don't think there is a rad small enough to fit in that space with the fan and tubing)

I have no clue how hard this would be or if it is even possible, but if it is possible... would it be easy enough for a fairly new builder to accomplish?

I am thinking about pre-ordering this case and if this "mod" would be possible, it would make it a much more appealing case.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
You can but that doesn't mean that you should. There are probably a few radiators out there in the necessary form but I can't currently check that. Also AFAIK you can have active cooling in that case.

Reactions: knowledge

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
We tested something like that, as an experiment (R9 nano + AIO water cooling from Silverstone), but we're not supporting it by default:

Illoominatty

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 14, 2017
I would suggest removing the PSU leaving for better height clearance. Modding the side panel to it gets full air flow for the rad. Use a hdplex psu or one of that nature. You can then use full length gpu's too.

Randy95354

What's an ITX?
Dec 5, 2017
I added the silverstone td03 slim in my sentry getting 62c max and 26c idle huge difference from thermaltake engine 27 was getting 92c and idle 33c then i added a 120mm noctua above and got about 80c. I had to dremel a piece of the support about 1 inch off next the switch because im using 1060 evga could have probably took the shroud off gpu.

Reactions: Biowarejak