Power Supply Is it possible to change the connector of the G-Unique Arch Daemon

Antoine

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Hello, if you read this you might be amazed by my ignorance. I didn't find any answer to my questions anywhere, maybe because nobody never found it difficult to solve. I have a problem with my PSU composed of :
- a Meanwell EPP-500-12 (not that I need that much power, but it gives 320 W without a dedicated fan, that didn't seem overkill to me if I get a GPU in the future).
- a Arch Daemon G-Unique.

Of course I need to connect both, The DC input wiring of the G-Unique is a "30 cm, modular, 4pin Power DIN (Kycon KPJX-PM-4S)". That goes normally with a Kycon , which I forgot to buy with the rest of the stuff.
I could just go back on Digikey.com or Mouser.com to Buy but I am in France and last time I used these websites, I had to pay 25 $ of transport and 40 of american exportation taxes. That little 2 $ KPPX-4P thing would cost me around 25 $ at least and I can't find it in Europe.
So I guess It would be possible to just take of the female part and put another connector instead or maybe even a simple Wago ( I don't know if you know what it is if you are american), since the Meanwell EPP-500-12 ends up in just 2 M3 screw terminals.

I guess it would be possible but I wanted to ask you guys before to do anything.
I know that at this point of the PSU, once the EPP-500-12 did its job, we got DC current at 12 volts, but is it still polarised, should I cared about it when changing the connectors, and how to check which is the + and which is the - ? I just see 2 black wires on the G-Unique.

For information, if you think it changes anything, here is the build :
- Gigabyte 470i Aorus pro ax
- Intel 10300T
- Samsung evo 970 ssd M2 PCIe 500go
- Corsair vangeance 2*8gb LPX 2666 Mhz RAM
- No GPU yet
- J-Hack Pure X case

I learned a lot by makingthese past weekswith this first build, now I reached my limits, thanks to those who will help me with that.

Antoine

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Fwiw I had questions like this when starting on my project. I mostly followed the 12v psu thread here and asked questions :)

I use a second hand archdaemon with an epp-400-12. My archdaemon had bullet connectors which I snipped off and crimped m3 ring terminals that I got from a local electronics store in their place.

You should keep track of which is positive and negative. You may have to identify +/- on a known connector coming off the archdaemon and follow those back to the input connector to figure out which wire is which. Maybe there is a better way to do it, but I'm an amateur.

Antoine

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Hello, I got to plug my Arch daemon G-Unique on the Meanwell EPP-500-12, but I don't know for sure which wire to put on the positive side. I guess, following what I believe how this Kycon KPJX-PM-4S connector works, that it would be like on the picture below :

More importantly, that would end, on the product itself, like that :

What do you know about that, or just what do you think, any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Antoine

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
MODERATOR BREAK:

@Antoine I merged your threads here. Please do not make multiple threads to ask the same question over and over. Not only you won't get a faster answer, but you'll likely just be ignored. I guess that your best bet would be to ask @guryhwa directly, as he is the one behind the G-Unique products.

Antoine

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for the merge. I had technical problems to show pictures on this thread and made another one without being able to erase the first one.
I ask Guryhwa too by e-mail, but it's still not crystal clear to me. I wanted to ask here know if I understood him well.