Intel LGA2011 Heatsink Keep-Out Zone

Cooling Intel LGA2011 Heatsink Keep-Out Zone 1.0

No permission to download

QinX

Master of Cramming
Mar 2, 2015
541
374
The Netherlands
QinX submitted a new resource:

Intel LGA2011Heatsink Keep-Out Zone - 3D Model of the Intel LGA2011 (Wide ILM) Heatsink Keep-Out Zone

A 3D CAD and Sketchup model according to Intel Specification of the LGA2011 Wide ILM Heatsink Keep-Out zone.

What would you use this for?
This is mostly interesting if you are designing you own heatsink or waterblock/Monoblock and want to adhere to the Intel specification to warrant motherboard compatibility.

A much simpler design than the LGA115x Keep-Out, most likely because 2011 has no reference Intel Stock cooler and the 2011 integrated cooler mounting threads.

Visit the URL below at...

Read more about this resource...
 

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
Are you modeling it again in SketchUp or did you find a good way to convert it?
 

QinX

Master of Cramming
Mar 2, 2015
541
374
The Netherlands
I found I can convert to sketchup if I import the CAD model into 3dsmax and then export it as .3DS and then import that into Sketchup, I only need to scale it to the correct size.

Inventor model (.ipt/.iam) -> Import into 3dsmax -> export as .3DS - Import into Sketchup -> Scale model and save as .skp

I'll try one of the CPU Coolers I recently uploaded to see how those fare, much more complex and those are assemblies not a single part.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: iFreilicht

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
Too bad there isn't much in the way of easy to learn alternatives to SketchUp that don't require such a convoluted workflow to get useful file formats in and out of.
 

QinX

Master of Cramming
Mar 2, 2015
541
374
The Netherlands
I've tried a couple of things to import a complex model into Sketchup and most seems to fail horribly, either missed components or weird polygons mess up the model.

However not all is lost!

After tinkering the following seems to yield a good result without too much fuss.

Import CAD model into 3dsmax, use the following settings for the Autodesk Inventor File Import
B8caq70.jpg


Export as .3ds and import into Sketchup, make sure your units are set correctly, I use millimeters.
Rr757WX.jpg


Model gets imported without any problems and is the correct scale.
R9lbsQu.jpg


So the stats for this model in Sketchup are:
3WXHxWd.jpg


This does seem to be an extremely high detail model, but this can be tweaked in the Inventor Import Server window be lowering the Mesh Resolution

There seems to be some issue located at the springs, not quite sure how to fix that.
0GKekMm.jpg
 

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
I think there's a plugin that you can select edges and it'll add a face if it can.