News Intel 750 Series SSD Reviewed: NVMe for the Consumer

Allyn Malventano, PCPer:
Intel really hit it out of the park with the SSD 750 Series. We might have liked to see this come out sooner, but motherboard makers needed time to implement proper NVMe boot support. With that present in nearly all current generation systems (and being added to some older motherboard UEFI BIOS), Intel has chosen the appropriate time to unleash this insanely capable SSD to the masses. Read and write performance is outstanding, and random IO performance outpaces much of the benchmark software out there. NVMe does its job in limiting the CPU overhead, as a device as capable as the SSD 750 could easily saturate several CPU cores if it had to rely on dated standards. With such incredible performance at a reasonable price, the Intel SSD 750 is the obvious choice for consumers who demand the most from their storage.

You can watch PCPer's video review of the SSDs below:

As they mention in their review, I really wish Intel had released a 800GB variant. Seems like an obvious capacity to include.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks, I had saw it a few weeks ago but I keep forgetting to install it. Supposedly it improves the boot time but X99 is so slow to POST as it is I've gotten used to it :p