Discussion Installing HDplex 200 combo into S4 Mini - Help Needed

thingamarob

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
May 18, 2020
Hi, I have some dumb questions. I can't seem to figure out how to install the PSU on my build. I honestly think I just need to figure out the correct screws to use. I tried to find a video but couldn't find one that quite fit the bill. Here's where I have it now. Is it in the right place? It's crammed up against the video card very tightly. Here's a pic of the screw holes where I have the PSU. They line up just right, but the screws that came with the case that say "motherboard or PSU" don't thread properly.

Assuming I have the PSU situated properly, my next issue is the power supply cord. I assume I have to use this cord because the larger 3 prong cord doesn't look like it will fit anywhere on this case. What is the yellow part for? Do I need to connect it somewhere? And then is this where the plug actually goes? If so, I once again can't find the appropriate screws.

I feel like these are such dumb, basic questions. I've built two traditional PCs in the past with few problems, so I'm not a complete novice. I certainly feel like one now. I really appreciate any help.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Unfortunately S4 Mini isn't traditional PC case by any means..

I just double taped mine on that exact position. Seems to hold well. Before that, at the front of the case only held by a piece of foam between it and the gpu.

That socket is C8, and yes it goes there. Connect the yellow-green earth cable to any metal on the case. Not like it matters for a two pronged socket. I like sandwiching it between the gpu bracket and the retention tab before screwing the gpu.

For more q&a you can hit nfc's discord channel. Lots of people who'd help.