Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
Thought so. Didn't think ASROCK would pass up AM4 ITX. So that makes Biostar, Gigabyte, and ASROCK; the three we heard about during Comdex. That's disappointing ASUS. Would have loved to see an AM4 ITX board from you. If MSI releases one before ASUS I would be really surprised.

Reactions: owliwar

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Asus is currently the weakest support on am4 platform...but it won't last i guess..:)

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
Well if they had a change of heart that leaves the door open for ASUS or MSI. And we will have 4 choices by the end of April. I have my fingers crossed for ASUS (Im kinda a fan).
If they were just playing possum; shame on them for playing with my emotions. OK Im over it now.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
WCCFtech has some more info up on the Biostar board.
https://wccftech.com/first-amd-ryzen-mini-itx-motherboard-detailed/

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
They replied to my question on facebook saying the X370GTN will be released in April. Not sure about the B350 version but seeing we haven't heard about it yet, it'll probably come later.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
There are differences between the X370 and B350 chipsets, for whatever that's worth. I'm not sure there's an appreciable difference for an ITX build?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
On the B350 board, there is a quick switch between two of the SATA headers and the M.2 slot. So you will be able to run it as either x4 M.2 and up to two SATA devices or x2 M.2 and up to 4 SATA devices. The X370 board will be able to support x4 M.2 and up to 4 SATA devices all at once.

There are also different USB port numbers, but I don't think enough are exposed to begin with to make any difference. Someone was checking if the X370 boards x16 PCI-e slot could be bifurcated, but I haven't heard if Biostar got back to them with an answer; the B350 would not be able to be bifurcated.

Reactions: Phuncz and zovc

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Yeah, it does seem odd to have both. Only thing that makes sense to me is that there is a cost difference between chipsets...

IF B350 costs less to produce, they can offer it at a more competitive price. However, they still want to have an x370 chipset offering because some customers will just search for the top of line chipset when they make their buying decision. They still want a shot at those customers.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
On the B350 board, there is a quick switch between two of the SATA headers and the M.2 slot. So you will be able to run it as either x4 M.2 and up to two SATA devices or x2 M.2 and up to 4 SATA devices. The X370 board will be able to support x4 M.2 and up to 4 SATA devices all at once.

There are also different USB port numbers, but I don't think enough are exposed to begin with to make any difference. Someone was checking if the X370 boards x16 PCI-e slot could be bifurcated, but I haven't heard if Biostar got back to them with an answer; the B350 would not be able to be bifurcated.

Unless someone was lazy, I'm actually seeing identical specifications for STORAGE and USB on BioStar's pages.

Reactions: Phuncz