Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Well, tdp difference could also explained by architecture between intel broadwell-e ( more design as server cpu) to Ryzen (closer to skylake cou)

Also avx performance of ryzen will be halved compare to skylake.

Skylake can handle 3 Adresses, ryzen 2

Cache management is also different

Ryzen seems to be a well balanced cpu dedicated to mainstream activity( video editing, gaming, etc...)

I advice you to watch this super video :

Reactions: jØrd

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I really think that Ryzen will bring AMD back into the game. If its close to current intel offerings they will compete on value for money and sell like hotcakes. Honestly I am really interested in the 4c 8t cpus as an i7 alternative as well as a 6c 12t cpu for that 'tweener' chip for gaiming and production at a nice price. The 500+ dollar chips are still lower volume and overkill for most home users. At least for this guy anyway. The 300 dollar and less cpus are gong to fly off the shelves if they perform. That's where most of us buy. The fact that all SKUs are overclockable should be fun at all price points as well!

Reactions: zovc

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I'm really expecting the 6c/12t chip to be a good sweet spot for a lot of people. I think that's the right amount of headroom for someone who is a recreational gamer and is considering dipping their toe in content creation or live streaming... and I think that's a large market. The ~220-260 price range seems like pretty good value all things considered. You're not necessarily spending more than you're spending on your GPU at that range.

Reactions: TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I'm really expecting the 6c/12t chip to be a good sweet spot for a lot of people. I think that's the right amount of headroom for someone who is a recreational gamer and is considering dipping their toe in content creation or live streaming... and I think that's a large market. The ~220-260 price range seems like pretty good value all things considered. You're not necessarily spending more than you're spending on your GPU at that range.

Spot on. If it pans out we are talking a tad more than the 4c 4t i5s and a lot more versatility. Also coming in just under the i7 prices.

Exciting times!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Another performance leak on fire strike physics benchmark :

20k points beaten for the first time ever by an AMD processor...and results are great. Ryzen IPC performance (between kabylake/broadwell-e) is confirmed once more.

source : http://www.tomshardware.fr/articles/benchmark-ryzen-fire-strike-processeur-amd,1-62922.html

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
confirmed once more

Be careful with those assumptions. Often, the manufacturers themselves release those 'leaks' with cherrypicked examples or benchmarks. Nothing is confirmed until there's an objective source. The hypetrain is appealing though! We. Must. Resist!

Reactions: Kwirek

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Well leaks are coming from a lot of sources now....resistance is becoming vain...:)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I keep seeing that the cheapest Ryzen chip is ~$125 and feeling surprised AMD didn't try to force out a 4-core chip around the Pentium G4560's $65 price point.

I get that they're trying to go pound-for-pound in the midrange 'average consumer' market, but my impression of AMD's general marketing--even with Ryzen--has always been, "IT'S GOT MORE CORES! MORE CORES IS BETTER! RIGHT???" It just seems out of place that they didn't drop a ~$70-80 4-core chip. Granted, I don't know if it's even feasible to manufacturer a chip like that that's worth the silicon. Also I respect the company has to keep a close eye on their bottom line now more than ever.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Summit Ridge (the upcoming Ryzen chips) are not their budget line. Raven Ridge APU's, to be released later on this year, will be more down-market oriented. They will still have 4-cores in them, as well as integrated graphics. It doesn't really make sense to have a budget component and force the use of a discreet GPU.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
That's fair. And that's also me misinterpreting the specific targeting of Summit Ridge*, thanks.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Yes I saw that this morning..:)
Another interesting point will be impact on Intel CPU, mainly broadweel-e I guess

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Aorus motherboad announcement on Gigabyte facebook :

Let's hope they won't have the same issue on vcore as current Z270 boards, because it's gorgeous..:D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Too much disco for me and I dislike the Killer Ethernet (although an Intel NIC too), although the PCIe x1 above the GPU slot is nice, along with the PCIe x16 spacing. No USB-C front panel connector though.

Can't wait to see what the other brands have in store.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Asus Crosshair VI Hero looks nice also :

Asrock Gaming K6 (currently my favorite if issue on vcore like Z270 boards is solved) and Taichi

and of course MSI X370 titanium that rocks..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Because I'm chasing my future setup in Cerberus-X..:D..:D and Cerberus-X is the first true SFF for ATX form factor..:D