Advice Seeking something like Skyreach 4 Tiny, IN WIN Chopin Pro or Mini-Box M530

turns2stone

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Feb 16, 2022
Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've been building PCs for ages. I'm looking to assemble an APU SFF build, and going for very minimalistic, smallest feasible volume enclosure.

Here's what I currently have:
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 (likely will be connecting my eGPU occasionally)
  • AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (pulled from a HP prebuilt that I scavenged for GPU/parts)
  • 2 x 8GB 3200 DDR4 RAM (pulled from some other system)
  • SSD - I have both NVMe and SATA laying around here, depending on how much storage I might need.
  • 12V 10A external AC-DC brick from Mini-box
  • PICOPSU-150-XT (missing the JST-XH to 4-pin ATX CPU cable, lost it somewhere along the way!)
I really like the looks and quality of the Skyreach 4 Tiny, especially in combination with the 200W AC-DC and 200W DC-ATX modules, but both of those are OOS with no ETA. I realize I could do some sort of Mean Well workaround/alternative, but that's more effort and skill than I'm in the mood for. Would prefer more plug-n-play. Also, this is pushing the limits of what I'd like to spend. I'm not cheap, rather I'm working on a different SFF build that will be for gaming, this one is for very light/family use so I don't need to sink $1K into it.

The IN WIN Chopin Pro seems to fit most of my requirements, and the price is right. Although I couldn't put to use my 12V 10A brick that is just gathering dust. I'm starting to realize I might need to swap out my PICOPSU-150-XT for something else since I'm missing a crucial cable for the CPU. Is the RGEEK 250W DC-ATX unit OK for the price?

The Mini-Box M530 is interesting and the price is right. But I dunno, it just looks plasticky? I can't really tell if there's any wasted space, considering I'm looking for smallest volume.

Is there any other case I should be looking at in order to best utilize my existing parts list above? Keeping in mind I'm looking for small and minimalistic. I will pay more for better build quality.

Thanks guys!

turns2stone

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Feb 16, 2022
if you are going the egpu way get the SR Tiny, the mini is almost impossible.
Yeah the Tiny looks real nice. But I got too impatient waiting for the 200W power combo

So I ordered a Goodisory A01, and will use my existing external brick. It was only $50, and comes in red. Which might be different and cool.