Build Advice - In WIN Chopin

g1l

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
Hi there,
I'm planning to build a very quiet mini office pc which the main purpose is to receive and share emails with 3 other pcs and browsing the internet.
I'd like to use parts from another pc I already have (delidded CPU, stock cooler, motherboard, RAM) that are currently inside an extremely quiet Fractal Design Define Nano S. I will also share my purely non technical knowledge (based on experience) about things to consider when dealing with a combination of delidded CPU and gigabyte ab350n gaming wifi.

The plan is the following:

Case: In WIN - Chopin w/ 150w PSU (**1)
Alternative PSU Fan: NF-A4x10 FLX 12v
Optional Case FAN: NF-A4x10 FLX 12v (**2)

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400g [Delidded] (*) (**3)
CPU Cooler: AMD Stock Cooler w/out shroud (*) (**3)
Alternative CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9a-AM4

MB: Gigabyte - AB350N Gaming Wifi (*) (**3)

Memory: Corsair - 16GB DDR4-2666, DDR4, 288-pin DIMM, 2 x 8 GB, CMD16GX4M2A2666C15 (*) (**4)

Storage (OS): Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB, M.2 NVME Module

Storage (Data): Seagate - Barracuda Pro Compute 1TB 2.5'' 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, ST1000LM049 (**5)
Alternative Storage (Data): Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (**5)

(*) taken from an older system/purchased

(**) need advices/clarifications
1. Can the stock PSU from In Win Chopin handle this system?

2. I found a previous post of another thread where an user advices the OP to add a case fan to the In WIN Chopin, but I couldn't find any other info about it. Where should I place this fan? I suspect I cannot add any fan while using the stock PSU, am I right?

3. I realized using this delidded chip that its idle temp is too low (25°) that the cpu cooler was not moving enough air out from the FD Define Nano S using automatic fan speed management (20% fan speed at 20°).
So i decided to manually change the fan speed to 36% at 22° the system it's still extremely quiet.
Changing the following temps from/to:
CPU - 25°
Chipset - 48° / 40°
System - 33° / 28°
VRM MOS - 44° / 32°
VSOC MOS - 44° / 32°

Now, my question is what should i do to keep this system running quiet and cool using In WIN Chopin?
Buy a non delidded chip? Replace the stock cooler with a noctua one and manually change the fan speed again?
Changing the Mobo is not an option, even though I read its temps are beyond the avg.

4. Are these 55mm Ram modules compatible with the case?

5. This is not really related to system hardware, I'd like to figure out if it's possible to host office emails (accessed from other 3 pcs) on HDD. or SSD is just mandatory?

Thank you.

Gino

What's an ITX?
Jan 31, 2019
Hi,
I've built the same setup when the 2400g and the MB first came out. I changed the CPU fan to a Noctua NH-L9a-AM4. With this case, you do not want to add anything else as the final wiring setup is tight. The more you add the trickier it gets with the wires. I didn't add a extra drive because I have a 500GB 970EVO Samsung NVME and I also needed the extra juice to power a USB C monitor. The power supply is non-upgradable unless you're willing to use SFF parts and build your own which might end up costing a lot. You should have enough room for the memory but in my opinion your extra HD will generate some heat and draw lots of power and the case will get louder. With my setup I barely notice if it's running but I also have not added any fans. Why don't you take out the Barracuda drive and see what temperature readings you get and maybe that will give you a clearer idea on its heat impact.

MB is X470-I (Overkill but Just in case it's needed elsewhere in the future)
Memory DDR4-3200 CL14
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
I was using the InWin with a 2400g for months, just upsized to an S4mini.

1. The Chopin can definitely handle the 2400g, with some light overclocking as well.
2. I didn't add any fans to mine and temps were tolerable. Used the NH-L9a as it's the best low profile AM4 cooler AFAIK.
3. I haven't delidded before so I can't help there.
4. I was using balistix ram before, upgraded to some Corsair 3200mhz CL16 ram last week. 55mm ram *should* fit but cabling might be a mess based on where your 24-pin connector is on your motherboard.(I am using the AB350N Gaming Wifi rev 1, and I absolutely hate where the 24 pin is located. I have a B450 coming in today though.)
5. It is possible to host an email server on anything, hdd/ssd/thumdrive etc. Just depends on how you set it up.

illuminerdi

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 8, 2019
Yeah this should work fine. 150W is more than sufficient to drive virtually any system that doesn't have an external GPU or a ton of spinning disks. I'm using that same 150W PSU to drive a Pentium G5400 + 1050Ti + 2 Spinning disks.

The Chopin has a side panel with a sort of "bulge" mesh that accommodates a fair number of CPU coolers and RAM heights, so I seriously doubt you'll run into any problems with this build using the stock AMD cooler and that RAM, unless it's like...extra extra extra tall RAM, it should fit just fine.

JulianD

Case Bender
Aug 2, 2019
Hey,

So, I am planning on creating an InWin Chopin build. The main purposes of the computer would be photoshop editing and office work.

I would like to share my build and see if you guys could help me out.

Case: InWin Chopin

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3400G 4-Core 3.7 GHz or AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core

CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-L9i
MB: ASROCK B450 GAMING-ITX/AC
Memory: RAM D4 16G 2x8 2400, Corsair

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA 6G/7200/64M SED

So my questions are?

Would the stock PSU 150W be sufficient for this build?

Due to the fact that I have chosen a monitor, which would be used with this build. Would the build be strong enough to keep up with it?

Monitor: Samsung C34F791WQ 34"

Does the build need any GPU, such as GIGABYTE GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile 2G or the integrated one in the MB would be sufficient??

Would you guys recommend any better build than this on the InWin Chopin, in mind for what it will be used and it should of course handle perfectly the monitor??

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
The
Hey,

So, I am planning on creating an InWin Chopin build. The main purposes of the computer would be photoshop editing and office work.

So my questions are?

Due to the fact that I have chosen a monitor, which would be used with this build. Would the build be strong enough to keep up with it?

Does the build need any GPU, such as GIGABYTE GeForce GT 1030 Low Profile 2G or the integrated one in the MB would be sufficient??

Would you guys recommend any better build than this on the InWin Chopin, in mind for what it will be used and it should of course handle perfectly the monitor??
Bump the RAM speed and the iGPU is at least the equal of a 1030.

There's a bunch of benchmarks RAM speed vs FPS with 1030 thrown in at link below
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/raven-ridge-memory-scaling-benchmarks,5489.html

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
To add to @Stevo_ 's comment, I can recommend RAM with the new Micron E-die chips on them, as they clock very well on AMD. Link 1, link 2, link 3.
They are found mainly as the Crucial BLS2K8G4D32AESBK for the 2x 8GB kit or the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (crucial.com)

Someone on Reddit also posted a link with the different SKUs (in Europe, though probably worldwide): single-rank, dual-rank

With those kits, it would be easy to hit DDR4-3600 specs (or higher) at CL 16 (or lower).

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Hey,

So my questions are?

The 3600 has no integrated gpu and will not be sufficient for this setup. I would take the 3400g

JulianD

Case Bender
Aug 2, 2019
To add to @Stevo_ 's comment, I can recommend RAM with the new Micron E-die chips on them, as they clock very well on AMD. Link 1, link 2, link 3.
They are found mainly as the Crucial BLS2K8G4D32AESBK for the 2x 8GB kit or the Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (crucial.com)

Someone on Reddit also posted a link with the different SKUs (in Europe, though probably worldwide): single-rank, dual-rank

With those kits, it would be easy to hit DDR4-3600 specs (or higher) at CL 16 (or lower).
Thank you so much for the advice.
My only question would be, in your opinion is the 16 GB enough or should I upgrade towards 32 ??
Should it be DDR 4 - 3000 or the DDR 4 - 3200 ?

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Thank you so much for the advice.
My only question would be, in your opinion is the 16 GB enough or should I upgrade towards 32 ??
Should it be DDR 4 - 3000 or the DDR 4 - 3200 ?

You are limited to 2GB of the system RAM for the iGPU, I don't believe that goes up with more RAM from what I saw in motherboard manuals before I got my b450/2400G combo. So if that's enough for photoshop editing you should be good to go. The downside of more RAM past 16GB is I believe a dual rank slow down in max memory speed(all of the 16GB sticks from what I could tell were dual rank).