Poor Man's S4 Mini / MC600 - Modded Realan 2007c

dra_phantom

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

This is my first build, I have been dreaming of a s4 mini / MC600 for so long, before i was able to get my hands on this cheap alternative ($20) . I have to mod the case, this is a work in progress, have not decided which orientation to put the graphics card.

MODS so far

1. Removed front panel, will replace this with a custom front panel (Aluminium or Acrylic) with single switch/led combo
  2. Plan to cut a window in the case and have it covered in mesh, location depends on orientation of card
Parts:
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840
GPU: MSI GTX1050ti 4G OC
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz
Case: realan e-mini E-2007C from Aliexpress
PSU: PicoPSU 150xt
Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler
Storage: 500gb HDD will definitely change it

Last edited:

zuripig

Case Bender
Feb 22, 2018
awesome!
I bought one of these cases too after wanting an s4 or mc600 for a while....but got impatient waiting for china delivery so bought an mc600 and had it the next day!
the build in the mc600 is almost finished and I'm really pleased with it, but also exciting times ahead doing something similar with the Realan case

dra_phantom

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
awesome!
I bought one of these cases too after wanting an s4 or mc600 for a while....but got impatient waiting for china delivery so bought an mc600 and had it the next day!
the build in the mc600 is almost finished and I'm really pleased with it, but also exciting times ahead doing something similar with the Realan case
That's great, I also wanted to get the mc600 but unfortunately they would not sell it to me on account of me being in Nigeria ( Third World Worries ), so here I am with the realan 2007c, will post updates soon on work so far.

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
I am using MHero-L-B (clone to E-2010B). Case is moddified to support dual slot card (MSI GTX1050 AERO ITX) and 4cm height PCI-E riser card (standart single slot card work with 3cm height PCI-E riser - wondering to buy Inno3D single slot videocard, but already have the MSI one):

Videocard is mounted with motherboard together to the case. It`s not secured, but i am thinking about solution.

Videocard secured. No need screw from other side (arrow on picture).

I am considering HDplex 160W DC-DC and 160W AC-DC, but there is no place for IEC14 connector:

Last edited:

dra_phantom

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 7, 2017
I am using MHero-L-B (clone to E-2010B) to test low profile CPU cooler - Nexus Low 7000 R2 fit perfect with 45mm height (previously FD Core 500 and Noctua U12S). I moddified the case with file to support dual slot card (MSI GTX1050 AERO ITX) and 4cm height PCI-E riser card (standart single slot card work with 3cm height PCI-E riser - wondering to buy Inno3D single slot videocard, but already have the MSI one):

Videocard is mounted with motherboard together to the case. It`s not secured, but i am thinking about solution.
84W adapter and 120w included psu holding 35W (i5 6400T es 2.2GHz w/o OC) and gtx1050 with power consumption around 100w (testing with 3D Mark Time Spy, Catzilla- there is little heat so reversed case: CPU bottom side - fan is intake, GPU top side). I am considering HDplex 160W DC-DC and 160W AC-DC, but there is no place for IEC14 connector.
In my case, i think cannot fit card with power connector (GTX1060) even with 5mm low-profile cable, but 2007c case has 15mm more width and there is no problem.
nice, you could use black cable ties to secure card thru vents, i am going to use small nuts and bolts (2)