I need your advice fan selection for ncase m1

KiRaH

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Good day I currently have been debating if buying a NF-A12x15 and putting it under the case would make my overall temps better. My gpu is the Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC and Cpu is the 2600x. Is it worth spending or just leave it with no fans under? Also is the NF-A9 better than the NF-B9 redux my cooler is the U9s. Also thinking of ditching the redux ang B9 redux for another A9. Thanks for the time and have a great day ahead!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
There is a chromax A9 now if the color of the normal A9 is the reason you don't want the normal A9 fan. 2 fans help a lot on the u9s (5 degrees at least?). The redux just has lower rpm so won't cool that well. Which ncase do you have? I think 2 fans underneath will help the gpu with 5-10 degrees in the ncase v5 (with less ventilation)? But I don't have experience myself with that gpu and fans, just stating what I read from others.

KiRaH

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
There is a chromax A9 now if the color of the normal A9 is the reason you don't want the normal A9 fan. 2 fans help a lot on the u9s (5 degrees at least?). The redux just has lower rpm so won't cool that well. Which ncase do you have? I think 2 fans underneath will help the gpu with 5-10 degrees in the ncase v5 (with less ventilation)? But I don't have experience myself with that gpu and fans, just stating what I read from others.
THanks! do you have any links on where I can buy the chromax A9?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
THanks! do you have any links on where I can buy the chromax A9?
Apparantly i was wrong... They only released the big chromax fans. If you still consider redux, the cool overclocked 6-core intel cpus just fine (Optimum Tech on youtube) so 2 of them will be plenty for the 2600x or a non overclocked ryzen 3600 up till a 3700x.

rroy

Cable Smoosher
Oct 23, 2019
I just switched to the Noctua NF P12 Redux 1700 PWM for bottom mounted fans this evening. I was using the NF S12B 1200 PWM earlier. However, the NCase, being as small as it is, is not suitable for airflow optimized fans. Moving to the pressure optimized NF P12 Redux improved my GPU temps by about 4 - 5C. However, I need to test these further. Unless you plan to run the bottom mounted fans at over 1200 RPM I would not spend the additional amount for the NF A12x15 (or 25). Or if you don't have space for full size fans.

I also switched to the NF A12x25 on my H110i Platinum radiator from the Corsair ML fans and I see 2 - 3C improvement in idle CPU temps at a significantly lesser fan noise.

Last edited:

mika

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2019
Apparantly i was wrong... They only released the big chromax fans. If you still consider redux, the cool overclocked 6-core intel cpus just fine (Optimum Tech on youtube) so 2 of them will be plenty for the 2600x or a non overclocked ryzen 3600 up till a 3700x.

Noctua just released chromax A9 - already on Amazon:
- NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap
- NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Noctua just released chromax A9 - already on Amazon:
- NF-A9 PWM chromax.black.swap
- NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Already ordered both for the c14s and the A9 in the back. They come in today. Now im waiting for black sterrox coming next year for under my strix. Once you go black, you never look back!