Prebuilt Hp Elite 800 g1. Help req!

robanfield

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
Hi to all, I am a complete novice and noob. I would like to know if I am relatively safe running a Geforce GTX 1050ti with standard psu 240w
3 sticks 4gb ram. 250gb sandisk ssd. I use pc for music, watch football, occasional film and 4k if I can get it, no games.This runs through a Yamaha AVR
I have just had a GTX1050 die after 14 months and would like to know if I was unlucky or could it be connected with power supply output.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope there is enough info.
Regards to all, Rob

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
It depends on what GPU and CPU combo you have. The 1050 Ti will draw at most 75W, and you do not want to run your PSU at more than 75% capacity, that will really wear it down. Rest of your components sans CPU should draw around 25-30W, which leaves around 75W for your CPU.

robanfield

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
It depends on what GPU and CPU combo you have. The 1050 Ti will draw at most 75W, and you do not want to run your PSU at more than 75% capacity, that will really wear it down. Rest of your components sans CPU should draw around 25-30W, which leaves around 75W for your CPU.
Thanks a million. It has i5 -4750 @ 3,20ghz (4cpus)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
If you don't game that PSU should be perfectly fine, with plenty of margin. Unless you're pushing it with a heavy 3D load that GPU will sip power, and certainly not pull 75W. The question, though, is whether the PSU is outputting noisy power or otherwise hurting your GPU - though I wouldn't expect a PSU that bad in an HP Elite system.

robanfield

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
If you don't game that PSU should be perfectly fine, with plenty of margin. Unless you're pushing it with a heavy 3D load that GPU will sip power, and certainly not pull 75W. The question, though, is whether the PSU is outputting noisy power or otherwise hurting your GPU - though I wouldn't expect a PSU that bad in an HP Elite system.
Thanks again. NO 3D. Everything seems perfectly quiet and working perfectly to my poor knowledge.