How to wire 160W PicoPSU for 8Pin?

CAFPCs

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Feb 7, 2018
Whats the best way to wire a 160 pico to work with an 8 pin EPS powered cpu?
I don’t want to use adapaters. I want to wire the cables directly from the psu into the 8 pin connector

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Whats the best way to wire a 160 pico to work with an 8 pin EPS powered cpu?
I don’t want to use adapaters. I want to wire the cables directly from the psu into the 8 pin connector
Welcome to the forum! The HDPlex 160 watt psu supports this natively. Are you using another brand? Would help to know.

Reactions: royalba94

royalba94

Airflow Optimizer
AVAENTUM SLEEVING
Apr 2, 2017
Avaentum.com
If you're using this PSU (http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT) then all you need to do is split all 4 wires into 8 (4 yellow [12V] and 4 black [GND] and insert them into the new 8pin EPS connector the same as the 4pin was (yellow [12V] on the top row [near the clip] and black [GND] on the bottom row)

as for splitting the wires, the "pigtail" method would be sufficient (since it's a low wattage application anyway) so you don't have to try and solder on 4 more wires. I'd just cut the old 4pin connector off and crimp the new terminal/pin to the original wire and an additional 'jumper' wire (recommend 18guage or larger), crimp the other end of the 'jumper' wire, and insert into the new connector.

Should be pretty straightforward :) - let me know if that didn't make sense.

Good luck! :thumb:

Reactions: Biowarejak