Log Holy Crap! Hi everyone! Advice Please! 1440p Build

bwweigand

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 25, 2020
Holy CRAP! i can't believe i have never found this site before now...i have been just on reddit trying to get advice!
If i could get some advice on my build...i just ordered the parts (all from amazon, so if there is anything i am doing wrong let me know) (my plan is to replace the H60 fan with the noctua)
I want a really powerful 1440p rig....thank you in advice :)
After i got the psu i don't know if i should return it and get a bigger one...i probably will never upgrade this system or overclock it. (I will probably use for about 5 years then just build another one.)

thank you in advance for you help and tips!

Also i have been looking at https://www.moddiy.com/ for custom cable length for my psu. What do you guys recommend? I saw an article on here that said they were pretty good.

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
That psu is more than enough power for your build. Though I would generally recommend the corsair ones over the Silverstone due to fan noise.

Reactions: thewizzard1

HRT1337

Cable Smoosher
Dec 21, 2018
Holy CRAP! i can't believe i have never found this site before now...i have been just on reddit trying to get advice!
If i could get some advice on my build...i just ordered the parts (all from amazon, so if there is anything i am doing wrong let me know) (my plan is to replace the H60 fan with the noctua)
I want a really powerful 1440p rig....thank you in advice :)
After i got the psu i don't know if i should return it and get a bigger one...i probably will never upgrade this system or overclock it. (I will probably use for about 5 years then just build another one.)

thank you in advance for you help and tips!

Also i have been looking at https://www.moddiy.com/ for custom cable length for my psu. What do you guys recommend? I saw an article on here that said they were pretty good.

get this shop for cables :)

bwweigand

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 25, 2020
Have you used
get this shop for cables :)

Have you used him before? How did they turn out? I don't really care about the looks i just care that the cables will work and that my case will have a little better airflow.

bwweigand

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 25, 2020
That psu is more than enough power for your build. Though I would generally recommend the corsair ones over the Silverstone due to fan noise.

why corsair? Is the fan really that bad on the silverstone psu?

zhl146

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 14, 2016
why corsair? Is the fan really that bad on the silverstone psu?
I guess this is the SFX-L version with a 120mm fan, so it may be better. The SF600 that I owned from corsair never spun up and just ran passively 99% of the time and was a smaller form factor.

HRT1337

Cable Smoosher
Dec 21, 2018
Have you used

Have you used him before? How did they turn out? I don't really care about the looks i just care that the cables will work and that my case will have a little better airflow.

yes... i already ordert 2 sets from him.