Log Highest performance density research

Lucas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Hi! I'm a mechanical engineer who seek to try to go one step further in terms of SFX. I've designed cases before but you are the SFX-experts

What I am interested in is creating a case with the highest performance density, that is performance / liter. Therefore I would like you to give me some input on already good candidates in this matter.

How the performance is measured can be varied, but I will calculate with the most powerful hardware possible to put in with thermal limitations. Below I’m using 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra as benchmarking score.

From my own research I've seen;

Skyreach Mini 4 5L (+ 1L with separate AC-adapter) with space for 3070 and 10700K (not sure which temps that 10700K is getting with only a NH l9i…) Has an estimated score of 8500p with a performance-density of 1416 p/L

I’ve looked at the DAN 4 which can fit the best 3090, and probably an i9-10900K giving it a performance of est. 12500, and a performance-density of 1736 and is therefore slightly better in this matter.

The ZS-A4 V2 is similar to DAN4 with slightly worse PD.
K01 has similar setup as above.

Mjolnir is nice in design but larger.

Salvo Studios has a similar performance as the rest, at 7.9 L

My hope is to be able to engineer something with a power density at around 2000 p/L and sub 5L. This might not achievable with current hardware, but the releases in the next months could make that possible.

Lucas

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
This should have been an "advice"-tag and not a LOG-tag, but I can't seem to change that.