Help needed with bios settings to keep temps manageable for delidded 8700k + Strix 370-i + 645LT

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Up to you how you want to do it. You can set a lower LLC or set a bigger undervolt. Or do both, but it is unlikely to work.

btw,

LLC = 1 gives you the most agressive undervolt. LLC =6 will is closest to Vcore = VID. You can use HWinfo64 to check this.

VID = voltage requested by the processor
Vcore = voltage supplied by motherboard to processor

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Up to you how you want to do it. You can set a lower LLC or set a bigger undervolt. Or do both, but it is unlikely to work.

btw,

LLC = 1 gives you the most agressive undervolt. LLC =6 will is closest to Vcore = VID. You can use HWinfo64 to check this.

VID = voltage requested by the processor
Vcore = voltage supplied by motherboard to processor
Ahhh I see

Looks like I missed your response before I edited my previous post:

I'm crashing at Step 2 after applying Ceski's settings. After applying Step 1 settings (MCE, Long Duration Power Package, etc), I ran Prime95 for 30 minutes with no errors. However, moving on to the next step and applying Step 2 settings (Ring Down Bin, AC/DC Load Line), I'm getting two errors in Prime 95 right away. This kept happening despite multiple system reboots and rerun tests.

Just outta curiosity, (as I don't know exactly what those settings in Step 2 or 3 do), despite the errors in Step 2, I applied Step 3 and set Load Line Calibration to Level 7 and 5 errors instantly on Prime95 within the first two seconds.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Set IA AC and IA DC back to auto if you're getting crashes.

Few questions for you...

What is VID and Vcore at stock settings? What about after setting IA AC and DC to 0.01?

What stress test are you running Smallest FFT, Small FFT, Large FFT, Blend?
Have you disabled AVX2 and AVX, or are they still on?

How did you determine stability in the first place (for the -0.05V offset), and does the same test work after setting IA AC and DC = 0.01?