Motherboard: Strix z490-I Mini ITX
Processor: Intel 10900 non K
PSU: Corsair SFX 750W
Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i with chromax fan
Case Fans: 2 x Cooler Master SF120m Master Fans set to exhaust
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Graphics Card: Asus Strix RTX 3080 OC
Storage: Western Digital Black 500GB M.2 & FireCuda 520 1TB PCIE 4.0

With the 10900 having a TDP orf 65w I figured hey this could probably work... forgetting it also has LP2 tdp of 220w which is way high...
so I am trying to come up with settings in the bios or XTU that will reign in the chip a bit with out fully neutering it.
Originally I was going to do a FormD t1 with a loop but this case ended up being able to house the monstrous Asus Strix 3080 and will be able to take a few other mods I have planned for it.

I have gone into the bios and turned off the Asus MCE option, and in XTU undervolted it by -120... but still in any game my temps sit around 84 degrees.
I am going to try putting a fan duct on the cooler, modified the Dan A4 duct stl file to raise the overall height from 10mm to 20mm (will sand it down to get it to just touch the side panel) and hope to get it printed soon.

Does anyone else use the Strix z490i and a 10900?

I have been looking at other coolers but the 55mm height restriction severely limits my options.

A few cooler options I have looked at are the;
Thermalright AXP 90i Full
Alphenfohn Black Ridge, seen a guy grind off a small portion of the fins to make it work on an Asus z390i so should be able to make it fit...
not to sure what else to look at....

And yes the 10900 is crazy for a SFF build but then again so is an Asus Strix 3080...

So if anyone is running something similar and was able to get temps in check please let me know!

Thanks.

CloudJaguar

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 22, 2020
There isn't really another way to reduce the temperatures in your set up without significantly hitting the overall performance. The 65w TDP is the average power it'll consume more or less at base clocks. I don't have the Strix board but I have a 10900. I messed around in BIOS a bit but it was never any meaningful change. I just ended up getting a new case that fit a beefier cooling solution.

However, 84 degrees Celsius isn't bad at all. You're well within the safe range. Thats respectable giving its a 20 thread part under an L9i. I would just lock the CPU to 65w because if you have a 3080 Strix, its going to have negligible impact on 4K gaming, like within 2-4% difference.

Reactions: Phuncz