Hello World!

Hello from DC! I've been lurking behind the scenes here at SFF for a while and finally decided I'm ready to jump in and say hi to the community. My current system started as an itx HTPC build in a Fractal Node that eventually grew up to a full ATX build in Fractal R5. Specs are:

Proc: i7 4770
Heatsink: TRUE-120
Mobo: ASRock Z97 Killer
RAM: 32GB
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: Corsair something or the other...
Drives: 120GB SSD boot, 256 GB SSD cache/gaming, 2 TB, 3 TB Seagate Backup/Media drives, 5TB WD external
Case: Fractal R5

This rig started as an HTPC, but eventually morphed into my full-on gaming and graphic editing system that lives in the living room. I've had the desire to do a custom build in a NES case, and with my wife pregnant with our second child, I think now is the time before my life is no longer my own agan.

I've been slowly puling together pieces for it and I have just about everything except for a few odds and ends. Be on the lookout for the upcoming thread. Help me out though, would a custom build like that go in Build Logs or in Custom Cases? It seems like most of what's in Custom Cases are professional/semi-pro builders with items that may go into limited or full-production runs.

Excited to be a part of the community!

Reactions: Soul_Est

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome!

I'd say either Build Logs or Modding forums would be appropriate.

I agree, Custom Cases is more for scratch builds, so building in an actual NES case would fit Build Logs or Modding better.

VitoHGrind

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely glad to be a part and I'm looking forward to starting the build log for ideas and suggestions.

VitoHGrind

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Anyone know when the HDPLEX 300W DC-ATX is supposed to be back in stock? Last month, I heard it was "sometime next month," which by my calculations is about now.

VitoHGrind

Chassis Packer
Original poster
May 8, 2017
Good call. I reached out to him and Larry says, "300W DCATX will be replaced by newly designed 400W DCATX. It will be available late this month."

400W?! This is perfect for my build and honestly it just sounds insane! Can't wait!