Hi All

Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I've been an Apple/Mac user for most of my computing life and never built a pc for myself until recently. I built my first pc for The Witcher 3 and haven't looked back. I'm mostly a gamer but also dabble in a little bit of photography. I also can't stop fiddling with the internals of my pc. Never could do that with the former.

I came across the Ncase M1 almost a year ago and was blown away that there could be an insane amount of power packed into such a tiny case. I was going to transplant my current build from the Fractal Define R5 into it. The case and the necessary parts are now sitting in my closet waiting for that to happen. However, with the latest news of AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake releasing soonish[sup]TM[/sup], I will wait. The plan is to either sell the stuff or turn it into a dedicated HTPC/NAS.

The M1 will eventually become a portable vr/gaming/workstation hybrid with one of the new sku's from AMD/Intel. I'm pretty patient.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. See you around

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome ! The Ncase M1 is an excellent mITX and SFF case to start with.

AMD's Zen and Intel's Kaby Lake are going to be atleast December and probably better to think about Q1 2017, that's still 4 months away just to wait to do the build. Unless you need to buy these parts, then it may be worthwile to wait. Although I doubt the incremental Intel update will be worth waiting and AMD's Zen will have to prove itself first, outside of a singular benchmark. I'm really looking forward to Zen though, I hope it's going to be worthwhile as I'm going to get a system if it turns out to be atleast within Intel's price/performance range.

mannequinz

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
The M1 definitely looks like it will be fun to work with. I've seen some amazing builds within that case.

I'm really looking forward to Zen as well. I hope the benchmarks can bring some much needed competition to Intel, the industry needs it. I don't need to upgrade any time soon, but I do have that build itch that needs to be scratched. I may just do the build, sell the leftovers, and put it away for a future build.