Hello, Sébastien here.

Hi,

As the title says, I'm Sébastien, a 46 years old guy from France. I'm an electrician working in cabinets building, control panels, etc...

I've built my first computer in 2002 or 2003. It was a pretty big Antec case back then with plenty of HDDs. My last PC ended up in its cardboard. It's been in this state for 14 years now. I just can't get rid of it...

I got 2 teenage daughters. On of them which actually likes gaming! And she wants to play on computer as well!

I told her I'd find her one. I did find a Dell SFF precision 3260 with a 14th gen i7 14700 + 32GB of DDR5 5600 So Dimm RAM.

The original CPU cooler noise wasn't very nice. So I cut a hole in the side panel and installed a Scythe big shuriken 4 cooler with a Noctua A12x25 G2 fan and it's much better. Maybe I'll put a 140mm fan, not sure yet. 🤔

At first, i wanted to put a 4060 SFF GPU. But having only a 300 Watts PSU certainly won't cut it. Finally, i found an RTX 2000 ADA 16GB. Seems like it can play games in 1080P. The only downside is the cooling + the crappy fan...

After some search, watching Yt videos, n3rdware Website, I found sff network forum..!

I'm now looking for Infos regarding SFF GPU cooling upgrades. Maybe I can design my own, I don't know?!

Damn, now you know EXACTLY why I'm here... 😅

Cheers,

Sébastien.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !
 

hrh_ginsterbusch

SFF Guru
Nov 18, 2021
1,105
464
Germany
wp-devil.com
Hello and welcome!

Yeah, "lucky" with Dell. OEM manufacturers tend to have weird mainboard and PSU standards entirely made up for themselves, ie. proprietary, so to speak.

As an electrician, you might be able to figure out the weird custom power connections of the Dell board - there are guides and descriptions of them online - and connect it to a regular PSU, like the FSP FlexGuru 500, Enhance ENP-7660L-OVT or HDPlex GaN 500.

500W should be plenty to power the whole system - esp. with a perma-limited 14700 (specs mention up to 219W max at short burst, defaulting to 65W).

cu, w0lf.