Hello from BC, Canada

Hello, folks!

I'm a long time IT guy (30+ years) and have been building my own systems since 386s. No, not kidding. Anyway, I gamed on console for years but sold my PS4 more than a year ago now. I didn't play it much after building myself a moderately powered gaming machine in 2022.

I'm happy with the gaming machine in my office, but I just bought a big 77" OLED for the living room and would love to play some of my Steam games on it as well. The entertainment unit has some pretty extreme size restrictions so I'm going to have to build something that's not much bigger than a previous-gen console. I found SFFTime and absolutely love their N-ATX case, but they appear sold out at the moment. I found you guys in my searching and figured this would be a good place to hang out and learn what people are building. I'm hoping to get some ideas.

Reactions: riba2233

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! You're not the only one who started on that gen of hardware :)

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

SnowwBeard

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 12, 2024
Thank you, @Phuncz! A good reminder to go read the rules - this is done.

How are you adding the signature with your projects? I've been through my profile a bunch of times and I can't seem to find it.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Excellent :)

This is the code for the first line, you should be able to figure it out from this:
Code:
Past projects (non-SFF): [URL='https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/blast-from-the-past-my-2005-casemod.121/']Cooler Master ATC-310[/URL] ● [URL='https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/blast-from-the-past-my-2005-casemod.121/#post-9291']Custom Acrylic Cube[/URL]

Reactions: SnowwBeard

SnowwBeard

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 12, 2024
Apologies, I wasn't stating my problem clearly. Where in your profile settings are you putting this information? I tried in the "About You" but I don't think that's the right place - it's not showing up like yours.

I feel dumb but I just cannot find the right spot!

SnowwBeard

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Feb 12, 2024
Thanks, @Arboreal. I get an "Oops" on that link and then:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

It doesn't appear when I go through my account settings. It's obviously working for others so ... Maybe something reserved for higher ranked members?