Power Supply hdplex 400 problems solved

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
yes that looks like the one,i dont have anything small enough to probe the centre pin to establish how its actually wired

Ok my unit came with the old version. My unit includes a PCB based Jack not a barrel connector one like on the picture.

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Guess they forgot about the center pin thing when they made the new cable... makes it a pain since there's no way to access it anymore now that it's moulded in.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe. I don't hink you can see it without cutting the connector. Maybe if you put a thin wire into the center hole and check via multimeter if it is connected to gnd or v+.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I have one with this cable that I ordered about a month ago, I've cut it in 2 to connect an XT60 but I just checked the jack side and the center pin isn't connected. The 6 wires are 3 +s and 3 grounds, and there's no continuity between the pin and either of them.

I hadn't looked at it before and I now see that the center arrangement is completely off, so I guess I'm lucky that I didn't need it.

I can't find the information where you put one diode of the multimeter on the center pin and the other on the GND cable. Furthermore it is normal you can't see the contact zone of the center pin on the jack.

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
The illustration was only to show how my connector was uncentered. I inserted a pin in the center hole and as I said I checked continuity with all 6 wires and there is none.

mijffs

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 20, 2019
I told Larry at the time I solved my issue by grounding the sense wire,maybe he thought it was a one off. if not he may have been let down by a supplier,I doubt he makes the cables in house

Reactions: dondan

tasen

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2020
Ok my unit came with the old version. My unit includes a PCB based Jack not a barrel connector one like on the picture.

Hello everyone

I am having the same problem and just wanted to be sure:
If I have the same connector as seen on the picture of dondan, then I have the right one with the ID-Pin set to ground?