Log Hdplex 400 power all

Ericpablo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 13, 2021
Goodday,

I rebuild xbox one s to mini game pc.
Used thin mini itx with pcie slot on side with gtx 1050 ti lp.
Im using a 200w power brick.
But want to do brickless build with a hdplex 400.
I was wondering if i can power my monitor as well. It has a build in adapter.
So i dont have to use multiple power cables and huge brick.
The monitor uses max 22 watts.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
What voltage does your monitor use? If it's 19VDC with an external brick, I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to run off the HDPlex AC-DC unit. 400W sounds like major overkill for that setup, but it's not like the additional headroom hurts in any way. If what you mean by "built-in adapter" for your monitor is that it takes an AC power plug directly into the back of the monitor, then there's no telling what the internal voltages created by its power supply are, and I would strongly caution you against trying to wire yourself past its internal AC-DC PSU. And you definitely can't feed 19VDC into a 110-240VAC inlet.

Ericpablo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
May 13, 2021
The monitor itself has power suply unit build in it. Just plug in loose power plug. https://iiyama.com/gl_en/products/g-master-g2770hsu-b1/.
I use a imac27 carrying bag and made vesa mount on my xbox case. So all is like bit of aio pc now. I use it at my work and at home. And thought maybe i can go for brickless option and feed the monitor as wel. So only one cable is needed