Motherboard Having problems with my ASUS X570i motherboard.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Hello, I don't normally make posts like this but I am out of my depth here. I use the computer for professional work so that's not helping.

My Asus X570I motherboard has developed some faults today that I don't know how to deal with. When I plug something into one of the USB ports it causes the computer to reboot. I noticed this was coming up as kernal power on the events manager on Windows 10. Plus as a kick to the teeth, the boards wifi has become non-functional and doesn't even appear on HWinfo or the device manager. I have been using a HDPLEX 200W with a Dell 330W brick so with the kernal power in mind I don't know that might be the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I had some weird issues with my ASUS B450-I. Plugging in LAN cable would cause the switch at work to restart. LAN port on one of the ASUS boards I tested no longer worked afterward. It only did this with the two ASUS motherboards I had (including the replacement ASUS sent me). Ultimately, resetting the switch (UniFi POE switch) solved the problem. I thought it was very strange that no other computers caused/exhibited a problem.

Anyway, I would personally reduce your system to the bare minimum, and gradually add to see if any of the components you added are causing the issue. Worst case scenario, maybe buy a new motherboard, and RMA the one you have (possibly selling the replacement).

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Yeah, I think the board could be screwed. I'm planning on moving to a Gigabyte X570-I board. I checked the ASUS board and it looks fine, but the wifi is still gone. I will unplug the sata drives and see what happens.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Ok, I unplugged the sata drives, took out the USB 3 adapter and my Cintiq is not plugged in. It's working normally now.

Anyway does some have an explanation as to how the wifi suddenly started working again?

@Lone - Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone