Enclosure have any Mini eatx case recommendations?

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
have any Mini(Portable) eatx case recommendations?

The best is EATX.

The second can be ATX.
Applicable to 2990 wx

thanks

I think it's a good idea. At present, I don't think it has any problems. Apart from not being able to arrange power and data lines, links come from Taobao. I hope someone is willing to try, share and improve.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...4c616caonu0qp&id=574584761260&_u=t2dmg8j26111

Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Wait... it's coming. We are working on an SSI EEB capable SFF case, hopefully we can keep it below 20L. Largest tower coolers or some AIO water coolers, insane amounts of storage, separate airflow for every important component (videocards / power supply / CPU cooler(s) / storage cage). It will be very very awesome. I didn't plan adding a handle but I guess we could, the top is perforated but doesn't have fans attached so adding a handle would be very simple.

The Cerberus X of course supports some EATX boards but this case will be better for storage and have a lot better cooling options especially when not using water. Some new components (very) recently appearing on the market made my case idea viable so now I am working with a vendor from this forum to bring it to life. A 3D model is nearly ready then we will post photos and concept videos and take it from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bioforce

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Wait... it's coming. We are working on an SSI EEB capable SFF case, hopefully we can keep it below 20L. Largest tower coolers or some AIO water coolers, insane amounts of storage, separate airflow for every important component (videocards / power supply / CPU cooler(s) / storage cage). It will be very very awesome. I didn't plan adding a handle but I guess we could, the top is perforated but doesn't have fans attached so adding a handle would be very simple.

The Cerberus X of course supports some EATX boards but this case will be better for storage and have a lot better cooling options especially when not using water. Some new components (very) recently appearing on the market made my case idea viable so now I am working with a vendor from this forum to bring it to life. A 3D model is nearly ready then we will post photos and concept videos and take it from there.
I have a few hard demands. I hope you can do that.

1. The height of CPU is at least 170mm. Water cooling is supported at least 360mm.

2. Support SFX /SFX-L /ATX power.

3. No more than 420*200*330 mm

* Better all aluminium

Hope to have a picture to see.(When?)

Remember to let me know by letter at any time(sff mail). Thank you.

Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
The chassis you describe is not SFF. You can't fit an ATX motherboard, a 170mm tower cooler and a 360mm radiator in an SFF case. It just doesn't fit. That'd push one dimension to to 397mm, the other needs to be not less than 305mm since that's the ATX size and take the CPU cooler height you ask for, 397*305*170 is already above 20L and that's the "inner" size not the real case size. So that won't happen. I am shooting for supporting a 280mm.

I'll only support SFX power although SFX-L will be a possibility but not recommended. With the Corsair SF-750 we are there where we can do this.

And it'll be steel, it allows for tighter bends which is necessary because keeping a case for real under 20L is near impossible anyways and every millimetre counts.

No more than 420*200*330 mm -- yeah, that's 28L, that's a different forum :)

Reactions: el01

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Last edited:

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
The chassis you describe is not SFF. You can't fit an ATX motherboard, a 170mm tower cooler and a 360mm radiator in an SFF case. It just doesn't fit. That'd push one dimension to to 397mm, the other needs to be not less than 305mm since that's the ATX size and take the CPU cooler height you ask for, 397*305*170 is already above 20L and that's the "inner" size not the real case size. So that won't happen. I am shooting for supporting a 280mm.

I'll only support SFX power although SFX-L will be a possibility but not recommended. With the Corsair SF-750 we are there where we can do this.

And it'll be steel, it allows for tighter bends which is necessary because keeping a case for real under 20L is near impossible anyways and every millimetre counts.

No more than 420*200*330 mm -- yeah, that's 28L, that's a different forum :)
It seems that I am not very clear about some concepts. Wait for your prototype.

But please try to ensure Article 2.
(2. Support SFX /SFX-L /ATX power.)

Sf750 + 2990wx + 2080ti? This does not seem reassuring...

Wait for your pics.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
I have an idea that would make ATX possible. We can discuss this further. Certainly the peak of 2990wx is 500W and the 2080 Ti goes to 280W. I know this. I was thinking people might be satisfied with cramming a 2950X because of the pecularities of the WX it's not even always faster as we know. But, again, we might include ATX as a possibility, it might complicate one of the faces further which is already complicated. Also, unless you want lose all storage, only 140mm is feasible but then again, the 1200W ST1200-PTS ought to be enough even if 750W isn't.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
I have an idea that would make ATX possible. We can discuss this further. Certainly the peak of 2990wx is 500W and the 2080 Ti goes to 280W. I know this. I was thinking people might be satisfied with cramming a 2950X because of the pecularities of the WX it's not even always faster as we know. But, again, we might include ATX as a possibility, it might complicate one of the faces further which is already complicated. Also, unless you want lose all storage, only 140mm is feasible but then again, the 1200W ST1200-PTS ought to be enough even if 750W isn't.
Why did I choose 2990 Wx + eatx? Because it's a combination of (Portable)workstations. So it can't be lower than ATX(Power/motherboard). If I need better power supply guarantee, I can only choose msi's x399 eatx.

* Please support the conventional hardware size as much as possible (on the premise of small size), otherwise it will reduce the audience of the product.

Hope you can consider your design more thoroughly. Thank you again.

Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Again, I am supporting as much as possible but certain things on a SFF case are pointless. ATX PSUs included. As others noted, when you are fully loading the Corsair 750W, evicting that much heat from a small case becomes a formidable problem -- if you go even higher, well, even more so. Nonetheless, I hear you but as you are surely aware, there are many things (sturdiness and cost especially) to consider before adding too many variants to a design.

Reactions: el01

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Again, I am supporting as much as possible but certain things on a SFF case are pointless. ATX PSUs included. As others noted, when you are fully loading the Corsair 750W, evicting that much heat from a small case becomes a formidable problem -- if you go even higher, well, even more so. Nonetheless, I hear you but as you are surely aware, there are many things (sturdiness and cost especially) to consider before adding too many variants to a design.

You're right. Many things have to be tested, and the results may be better or worse.

Hope that SFF will have a permanent ATX / EATX model (team)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

That's very interesting. I would love the idea of a sub 20L case that could use full size air coolers and EATX / SSI EEB mobo's. Currently the only thing that comes close is the cerberus-X, but the Cerberus has annoying airflow issues. In particular, it's options for exhaust are not great. When aircooling it's almost a necessity to use a top down cooler configured as exhaust rather than intake in order to give yourself a better option than just a single 92mm in the rear.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
It won't be sub 20L. It'll be 20L, 20.4L or somesuch. We try very hard to keep to 20L but there are limits.

I saw you liked my case idea from September -- this is not it. I have something drastically different in mind, something that while borrows an idea from another case, it uses it in a new way and the entire layout is something you've never seen before. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bioforce

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
It won't be sub 20L. It'll be 20L, 20.4L or somesuch. We try very hard to keep to 20L but there are limits.

I saw you liked my case idea from September -- this is not it. I have something drastically different in mind, something that while borrows an idea from another case, it uses it in a new way and the entire layout is something you've never seen before. Stay tuned.
I think it's a good idea. At present, I don't think it has any problems. Apart from not being able to arrange power and data lines, links come from Taobao. I hope someone is willing to try, share and improve.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...4c616caonu0qp&id=574584761260&_u=t2dmg8j26111