News [Guru3D] Gigabyte AX370 Motherboard (AM4 Socket) Pictures

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/photos-of-gigabyte-ax370-gaming-k3-socket-am4-motherboard-pcb.html

Looks like 6 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 3.1 on the rear I/O with 2 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 internal headers.

Guru3D said:
  • AMD X370 Chipset (High-End) - So the most high-end chipset will be the X370 with that X for Extreme. This chipset will support Multi-GPU rendering (Crossfire and SLI) with two full x16 PCI Express slots (Gen 3.0). The chipset will support overclocking. Basically this is the chipset series you and yours truly will be after once Zen releases and yes you can expect a dandy overclocking software suite.
The only way I can make sense of this with the pictures provided is that the processor has 16 PCI-e 3.0 lanes that can be split into two x8 lanes for SLI and then the chipset has an additional 16 PCI-e 3.0 lanes to be divided into additional I/O (I see a x4 and 3 x x1 PCI-e slots, a x4 M.2 slot, the GbE probably uses x1, and perhaps the final 4 lanes are flex I/O with USB?). I'm curious if any of the USB or other I/O will be coming directly from the processor with the mention of Zen being more SoC flavored processors (but that could be limited to the lower end processors meant for tablets and such). It looks like there will be PS/2 port, 20-1 pin TPM, and single GbE on this board above.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Some news sites are reporting it wrongly about the AMD chipset hierarchy, it's supposed to look like this:

ATX, mATX: X370, B350, A320
mITX: X300, B300, A300

Or that's what AMD's press-release states. And I haven't seen a whiff of any mITX boards either.

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
I just spoke with a person at AMD's CES booth and he said that two manufacturer's, so far, have committed to making mITX AM4 boards. It seemed like both boards will utilize the X300 chipset.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I just spoke with a person at AMD's CES booth and he said that two manufacturer's, so far, have committed to making mITX AM4 boards. It seemed like both boards will utilize the X300 chipset.
YESSSSSSS!!!

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015

Who are they and where are their mITX display models?

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
He didn't reveal any details other than that there were two committed and the motherboards that were being shown were the ones the board manufacturers were comfortable showing.

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
Guru3D posted some more information on Ryzen and it's chipsets.

My take:

Unlike the larger form factor chipsets, X300 does not have native USB 3.1 Gen 2 support (booooooo)

They contradicted themselves saying Crossfire and SLI are supported only in the X370 in the prior slide, but in this slide they said that dual PCIe slots are supported in X300 (might we get PCIe bifurcation??)

I'm trying to make heads or tails of why there are "---" in the spaces for the SFF chipsets. Is the chipset there simply for boot procedure and we will simply get the I/O directly from the CPU? Ryzen will have 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1, a x16 PCIe GPU interface, and 4 PCIe lanes configurable between SATA, PCIe, and M.2 as you can see

So, if true, this could be a miser of a motherboard with not much extraneous I/O (although I do use 6 USB ports regularly and possibly get up to 7 at times). I assume 1GbE is in there somewhere, curious about WiFi (which usually takes a x1 PCIe lane), and figure audio is included.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Maybe the X300 was still considered for mATX boards back then. I wish it would.
Personally I don't care for USB 3.1 because of the way the USB committee effed up so many aspects, but also because 5Gbit is already quite the transfer speed. I'd rather see an alternative to Thunderbolt as a hot-pluggable PCIe interface that's not limited by its high licensing and manufacturing costs.