GPU support bracket for v6?

dream3

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Hey I'm deciding on whether to get a GPU with backplate or without it. I see the m1 v6 will have a GPU support bracket but I'm not sure how that works or whether it will be compatible with all GPUs. If it is, then I guess I dont have to worry about a backplate on the GPU. I just dont want my card to sag.

Do you guys have any info on how that bracket works and whether it would prevent a 2070super 2 slots from sagging?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It attaches to the 120mm fan mounting slots on the bottom of the case, and can be moved anywhere along those slots, allowing for a wide range of positioning for different GPUs. It's intended to physically support the GPU cooler shroud from underneath, and the height is adjustable to support 2 to 2.5 slot cards (38~50mm thick).

dream3

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
It attaches to the 120mm fan mounting slots on the bottom of the case, and can be moved anywhere along those slots, allowing for a wide range of positioning for different GPUs. It's intended to physically support the GPU cooler shroud from underneath, and the height is adjustable to support 2 to 2.5 slot cards (38~50mm thick).

Right, thanks! And that means if I use that support bracket I cant have 2 fans installed at the bottom?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Right, thanks! And that means if I use that support bracket I cant have 2 fans installed at the bottom?
No, you can. There's enough space to have the bracket either between the fans, or at the end:

Reactions: Arboreal

lagauche

Cable Smoosher
Jun 21, 2020
I have the Asus 3090 OC TUF which I believe is 2.7 slot card. Is there a bracket that could work on this? I haven't tried yet but i'm guessing the included bracket isn't right.

xhamster

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 1, 2021
I have the Asus 3090 OC TUF which I believe is 2.7 slot card. Is there a bracket that could work on this? I haven't tried yet but i'm guessing the included bracket isn't right.
Same setup, it can if you use a little bit force, I personally leave it there since this is a big card it will definitely bend. Also I snuggled two noctua a12x15 fans underneath(without bracket) but the results is disappointing. I think there is really no room between noctua and graphics card fans to breathe. It generates turbulence which made only put as intake the graphics card idle temperature cool as 20. But since you run any game the fan start make impact to each other it will make negative results. I also tried exhaust orientation that doesn’t help at all. Both idle and load temperature is mass. Don’t mention the noise.