Discussion Going smaller than k39

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Hi, all! I dunno if there's another place where this question belongs, so here it goes:

For various reasons, I'm building a DC-input e-sports PC: H110tn-m + GTX 1050 + sata (sort of) powered riser.

As stated, this is not meant to be a "HaRdCoRe gAmInG RiG™" and most of the parts are just sitting there on my drawer, so the cost of assembly is negligible. The real question comes now: which case should I use for a rig like this, considering that the power brick and mobo's conversion circuits are all the PSU that there'll be?

I remember seeing, not long ago, a similar case to the k39, but smaller. It was meant for a low profile GPU and flex-ATX PSU sitted side-by-side, in a sandwich style layout. Is there one like this or is it my mind playing tricks on me? I'm aiming at something like this:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I owned one of the earlier versions of this once. Sold it a while a go. The V3 is 4.3L

There was also the CustomMOD Mini 3.24L which used the HDPLEX 200W as well, but it's no longer sold on their website.

Reactions: cleveland

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I owned one of the earlier versions of this once. Sold it a while a go. The V3 is 4.3L

There was also the CustomMOD Mini 3.24L which used the HDPLEX 200W as well, but it's no longer sold on their website.
hey, thanks A LOT for the reply. Just a quickie: low profile GPUs only?

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Have you checked out the Densium case about to go into production in the concepts thread? It is a 4-liter case, reasonably price, and has a wood front panel
It may meet your needs.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Another option may be the J-Hack pure MK2 at ( j-hack company.com) also found in the concepts thread. I own the original Pure, no longer made but is made for APU's, won't fit a GPU.

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Another option may be the J-Hack pure MK2 at ( j-hack company.com) also found in the concepts thread. I own the original Pure, no longer made but is made for APU's, won't fit a GPU.
Both of those options have something that I don't need: extra space for a PSU. All i need is a full height PSU slot and ITX mobo mounting points.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020

This seems great and would be awesome with an A2000.

Smole

Chassis Packer
Apr 29, 2022

Full sized GPU with external power. I think this is exactly what you are asking for.
This is such a perfect case, i would love one myself, plus with the new HDplex 250W GaN available, such a case should easily be able to fit either a "full size" ITX GPU and Pico PSU OR LP GPU (like A2000) and HDPlex 250W next to it.

EDIT: Custom Mod does in fact produce an updated version of this case: https://www.custom-mod.com/en/mini

Last edited: