Ghost S1 Pangaea build

killersquall

Case Bender
Original poster
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys, I'm very new to this SFF forum and I would love to share my LOUQE Ghost S1 build that I was more than lucky to get my hands on. Moving down from fullsize ATX build (H500P) to an SFF like this GhostS1, I hope you guys enjoy my build as much as I did while building it!

Full internal specs:
  • ASUS ROG X470-I motherboard
  • Ryzen R5 1600 OC’d to 3.7ghz @1.3V
  • Noctua NH-L12 Cooler with NF-B9 92mm fan maxed at 1700rpm.
  • GSkill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz cl14.
  • PowerColor RX Vega 64 Limited Edition GPU @ 1600mhz
  • Silverstone SX700-LPT (SFX-L form factor) PSU.
    (Full album and breakdown here, and Updated build with new custom sleeved cables here).

Proper shots on two sides of the case (without panels) - dat sexy Vega 64 LE though!

Pangaea is brushed green metallic finish (many call it army green or Master Chief edition) - not the color you see everyday! How it comes out really depends on the lighting and can get super bright in direct sunlight (more on this later). This is the shot that I prefer the most.

Close shot on the copper top-grill - I personally think this one best fits with the Pangaea color!

The material used for the cable set are Chinese PET sleeves with 17 gauge copper cable. The local modder call it “golden-ish yellow” but for me it is honey mustard. The whole set only costed me $33 as I can't afford anything better after buying the case :p

The PSU i'm using is a SFX-L form factor which is significantly bigger than SFX as most people use in their Ghost S1. The material was not that soft, so I had to pushed the cables in a little for the panels to close properly. Nevertheless I'd say he did one hell of a good job, and nice value!

The aluminum sides are really thick, and the whole case is super heavy to pick up. Here is a shot where you can see the color really changes!

The baby sitting on my desk - totally different color but it's the closest to IRL! I always enjoy seeing this beauty everyday.

Temps are very fine - with the settings in the specs above, CPU tops 85C maxed on prime95 blend (78C without sidepanels on), and GPU is @79C on Superposition (doesn't matter if the panels are closed or not since it is a blower-style graphics card). During gaming with sidepanels closed, my CPU hardly goes above 66C and the undervolted GPU maxes out at 72C.
I could've upgraded to a NF-A9 for an additional of 400rpm or even go for a slim 120mm for ~10C instead (gotta change to LP RAM modules), but as ZEN2 CPUs are coming out and I can wait until then as I am currently very happy with the build - cheers!

Update!
I've successfully switched to A12x15 120mm slim fan from my B9 92mm stock fan and temp results are AMAZING - 10*C drop! The downside other than me knocking out one RGB diode of one of my TridentZ modules, the fan is now more audible but I'm more than happy with the results!

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Given time, I imagine the top copper panel might turn patina green, which might (or might not) compliment the army green case body.
I think it is interesting that the colour changes according to the time of the day when the sun shines at different angle onto the case.

killersquall

Case Bender
Original poster
Apr 26, 2019
Update: I've upgraded my stock B9 92mm fan to a A12x15 120mm slim fan which drops the temps by 10*C! I had to disassemble the coolers of my TridentZ RGB modules (quite scary) but it's totally worth it!

Very nice and clean build. Thanks for sharing!
Very clean!

Thank you!

Given time, I imagine the top copper panel might turn patina green, which might (or might not) compliment the army green case body.
I think it is interesting that the colour changes according to the time of the day when the sun shines at different angle onto the case.

I do believe it's a common thing for matte finishes with funny colors :p

weebuns

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
Great Build!

How'd you get the different fan to fit on the cooler? Did you just bend the wire clamps?

dANii2k

Efficiency Noob
Jan 7, 2020
Were you able to screw the grill on? Because my screw holes don't line up so it's lose on there.

Last edited: