Ghost S1 custom water build

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
Hi guys i wanted to share my experience with the ghost s1 custom water loop. Since i only found one online and that had very little resources.
Here are some pictures of it:

its all made from of the shelve parts and a custom made water cooling holder bracket the original one had to much blockage. Im testing the noctua A12x25 the seem ok but only noctua can figure out a color that does not fit with black ?
the system currently runs a ryzen 3900x on 4.2 1,25 volts at 70 deg at bearable acoustics.
I have a custom made top grille coming in this week the first one i made didn't improve the thermals as desired (the standard top cover accounts for 4 deg worse thermals) I'm trying to come closer to the open thermals.

The system so far:
Gigabyte x570-I Aourus, ryzen 3900X, EVGA 2080 (non super), 32 GB balistix 3200 cl16, 2tb Corsair MP510,
and the water cooling part:
Alphacool DCLT 2600 pump with top, Alphacool 50mm tubular Expansion tank, Black ice nemesis GTS 240 (fits perfect in the ghost s1), XSPC Raystorm pro Cpu block, 12mm solid tubing, EK water push fittings, Noctua A25x15

Last edited:
Reactions: harshad and NRG

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
What kind of pump is that? Looks like a DC-LT but I haven't seen that before.

I'm doing my own build as well and it would help me power my loop.

Edit: My dumb ass didn't see you added that.

Substitute question, How's the noise?

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
What kind of pump is that? Looks like a DC-LT but I haven't seen that before.

I'm doing my own build as well and it would help me power my loop.

Edit: My dumb ass didn't see you added that.

Substitute question, How's the noise?
Hello Tristan.

It is the alphacool dc-lt 2600 it makes a zumming noise rather than humming (like a ddc in my ecperience makes) no matter what rpm ypu set it to it makes the same noise. Next time i would opt for the 3600 since that on the lowest settings should be as quiet as thisone and you have more headroom. Nevertheless you cant hear once the case is close and a 1-1,5 meters away.
I wanted to use a ddc but the tops are gigantic only way how you could put it inthere is with the factory top and use hoses or female to female adapters on the one with the screw on ends. But i couldnt find any good sealed ones.
I wanted to use a expansion bottle/ reservoir for obviouse reasons.
I used ek cheap fittings one piece just push in they have the biggest inner diameter and the smallest outer but you could easyly use the alphacool one. By far the worst part was the hard tube bending all of them.
1. It was my first tube bending.
2. All of them are X Y Z bend not just a simple bend. CAD plan helped tremendously
3. I bended one of the pipes so it doesnt interfiere with the psu echaust but its in the way of the fan screws i had to skipp 3 of 8 screws between the montplate fans and radiators. But the radiator is heavy
If ypu would get some low profile ones i guess you could get them in. There is exactly 13mm clearance between the psu and the mountplate the tubes are 12 so you have a comfy mm of clearance:)
4. Plus i used the 90 deg angles on the cpu block that was just to be able to fit an 120x15 noctua fan there to blow on the vrm mobo... but its not neccesarry you would have a easyier job with just bending the pipes straight to the cpu block.

If you need some help send me PM it is higly advicable to have the whole thing in CAD for proper pipe bending plans ;) they help a lot

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
nice build! how much did it cost for you to machine the top plate?
Thx
If youbmean the mountplate it was one order with a topgrille witch im probably not going to use. And both cost 50€ lasered and bend. I had to spray it myself for 11 a rattlecan so i guess around 35 bugs.
Im working with another supplyer now to cnc stuff from carbon. The lasering is hard in low volumes ppl dont talk to you at all:) . Or tell you 200 bugs witch is ridicilouse.
But if you are from europe i can hook you up. I have to give credit to louque here its verry hard to work out a masterpiece like this with supplyers half across the continent:)
I attached some WIP pictures with a little bit more explanation.

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
amazing ! love this kind of build !
Would love to try, but not sure I would know how to, and where to start
Thx
i to be honest was bored since my last computer was 6years old (4770k with a 980 ti) and i didnt needed any upgrade. I playef around with a dan case a4 but realized its nothing for me the design is not so clean as the ghost plus the uplgradeability is 0.
I made my own stuff as the top grille and the mount plate (you could use the standard parts and have a bit worse thermals) but everything else is from the shelve. This was my 3 watercooling build and first hard tubing and im kind of happy how it turned out. Some bents are not 100% pretty but i plan to put another 240 radiator in it once the 3000 gpus come out and reroute all of them. Alphacool makes a dual dclt top that fitts inthere perfectly.
It was a bit of an hit and miss with getting the right parts as the fittings and stuff cost me all togethet around 500 in waist stuff but i think with good planing you could get by with around 300-350.

Im planning to doo some parts awailable if anyone would be interrested. The top grille will be carbon ;) and it has thermals of the case without the top cower so ypu guys can decide if you want something like that. The mount plate will undergo a design change to be more riggid and have more free area and some side fann mounts for gpu and mobo aswell need to try that next.

If you need any help let me know wich board you have. I can help you with a tubing bending plan that helps tremendously.
Would anyone be interrested in buyng the pre bend tubes? Or bending aids?

Last edited:

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Thx
If youbmean the mountplate it was one order with a topgrille witch im probably not going to use. And both cost 50€ lasered and bend. I had to spray it myself for 11 a rattlecan so i guess around 35 bugs.
Im working with another supplyer now to cnc stuff from carbon. The lasering is hard in low volumes ppl dont talk to you at all:) . Or tell you 200 bugs witch is ridicilouse.
But if you are from europe i can hook you up. I have to give credit to louque here its verry hard to work out a masterpiece like this with supplyers half across the continent:)
I attached some WIP pictures with a little bit more explanation.
yup that's true, most of the time i don't even bother and instead just send the files to small cnc shops in china and have them do it instead, though its a bit of a hit or miss situation. may i ask how did you get the dimensions so accurate for your CAD though? it seems to fit perfectly

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
yup that's true, most of the time i don't even bother and instead just send the files to small cnc shops in china and have them do it instead, though its a bit of a hit or miss situation. may i ask how did you get the dimensions so accurate for your CAD though? it seems to fit perfectly
Loque released the CAD file befor the first shipping of non kickstarter cases badge 2. But even without that its not rocket science ;)

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Loque released the CAD file befor the first shipping of non kickstarter cases badge 2. But even without that its not rocket science ;)
oh i see, i was under the impression that Louqe had made some minor changes to their cad files to prevent misuse and unauthorized reproduction of the case

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
oh i see, i was under the impression that Louqe had made some minor changes to their cad files to prevent misuse and unauthorized reproduction of the case
Could be but to be honest tha production of the case has to be so complex thar i wouls imagine its getting done by different producers. And has to be a nightmare comunicating in china. Its nothing like cut, bend next (frim aluminium). Its hydroformed and then milled aluminium cut steel (a different anymal than aluminium) oxidation colored its verry complex trust me. Just finding supplyer that cuts steel and figuring out witch steel to use... i doubt some chineese company would pull that off by it self. This a different beast than a dancase witch is not that mutch cheaper.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
I think this stage is finished:

I will doo another with 2x 240 and gpu block aswell i hope befor december:)

Reactions: rfarmer