General Chat Thread

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I wonder how many people actually like their indie SFF cases, or if it's just a fear of missing out/hype thing.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I wonder how many people actually like their indie SFF cases, or if it's just a fear of missing out/hype thing.

Count me in as one who L-O-V-E my case, I seriously do not care about other, brand new sff thing/case/hype (no offense all ye creators). It's one of a kind, a joy to build and tinker in, and it's all I ever wanted from a pc case. I don't even care if it's indie or not.

I'm the type of guy who'd walk around Akihabara in the olden days, or in the back part of yodobashi touching every sugo, every foxconn, every small pc cases I can find.

And I didn't find one until 2 years ago.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Count me in as one who L-O-V-E my case, I seriously do not care about other, brand new sff thing/case/hype (no offense all ye creators). It's one of a kind, a joy to build and tinker in, and it's all I ever wanted from a pc case. I don't even care if it's indie or not.

I'm the type of guy who'd walk around Akihabara in the olden days, or in the back part of yodobashi touching every sugo, every foxconn, every small pc cases I can find.

And I didn't find one until 2 years ago.

My sentiments exactly. I genuinely enjoy seeing this community engineer these cases, and I love them all in their own way.
At the end of the day, if the case that I want doesn't exist, I design it, and I enjoy that. The case is fun, but the journey there is more so!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
So you're not really SFF, but more like no FF at all?

I'd need a DIY chassis, coz' none fits my needs (too big, not beige enough, etc.)

My ideal chassis would be the smallest possible bounding box, beige, not a single led, beige, no front IO (nor any additional IO), beige, no expansion slot..... did I mention beige ?

Reactions: cmyk78 and Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'd need a DIY chassis, coz' none fits my needs (too big, not beige enough, etc.)

My ideal chassis would be the smallest possible bounding box, beige, not a single led, beige, no front IO (nor any additional IO), beige, no expansion slot..... did I mention beige ?
So BeigeFF, then, is what you're saying. I can get on board with that.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

I could design you that. Basically a mini-box m350 minus front IO/leds, and beige?

So BeigeFF, then, is what you're saying. I can get on board with that.

If you would like to join our cult organization that firmly supports beige everywhere, not just in fans, please add this to your signature.

Proud Member of the Original Noctua Fan Color Support Group, or ONFCSG for short.

Please keep the color correct if you do, as well.

Reactions: Valantar

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Reddit computer "enthusiasts":

• Haha
Reactions: Windfall