General Chat Thread

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
You forget, smartphones seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

My what is deemed "small" 5.2" display beside a guy at works iPhone XS Max which is 6.5" my entire phone sits in his screens space.

Considering I remember when a 7" tablet seems huge its getting a bit silly now.

the tallest tale of usability ever...

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
That's maybe me being psycho, but the Thermaltake Tower 900 is disturbingly similar to my 1st case design, "Monolith", that I submitted for the Phobya contest @ bit-tech, in 2011....

Thermaltake Tower 900:

Monolith by me (circa 2011): http://power.zol.com.cn/215/2159987.html (backup link from the web, original article is not available anymore on bit-tech)

I might be mistaken, but there are way too many similarities (motherboard orientation, io at the top, dual chamber with dual radiator at the back, dual loop, chassis form form factor) and this is a very unique layout....

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I think the tower 900 was designed by a French modder. Either way TT is notorious for being “inspired heavily” with a lot of their products.

Reactions: Biowarejak

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I think the tower 900 was designed by a French modder. Either way TT is notorious for being “inspired heavily” with a lot of their products.

Sassanou, in 2015, saw that while doing more research. Those similarities are really bugging me, but hell ... I'll say this is prolly just coincidence.

Reactions: Biowarejak and el01

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Guys! So I've been designing cases for a while but I'm not very good with names, especially company names. Seems like every indie case maker here has a name for themselves but I'm still left without one. Please shoot some ideas of what I could name my SFF case company. I'd be focusing mainly on 3D printed and acrylic cases.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Guys! So I've been designing cases for a while but I'm not very good with names, especially company names. Seems like every indie case maker here has a name for themselves but I'm still left without one. Please shoot some ideas of what I could name my SFF case company. I'd be focusing mainly on 3D printed and acrylic cases.
What is a focus of your projects (design wise)? Also, what are some of your other interests?

(since i do science and the purpose was efficiency here i am)

temporary could be cc design works? i'm not very creative :p

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Might do with "cc design works" if can't come up with anything better temporary. They are my initials too btw.

Most of my focus is on portable cases, similar in size to consoles. Cases that are not just for looking good in a HTPC/gaming setup at home but that you can easily take with you without being a burden.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Might do with "cc design works" if can't come up with anything better temporary. They are my initials too btw.

Most of my focus is on portable cases, similar in size to consoles. Cases that are not just for looking good in a HTPC/gaming setup at home but that you can easily take with you without being a burden.
this is a bad pun going off of "console":

solace? XD

Reactions: Windfall

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

CC Design Works sounds really good!

Reactions: CC Ricers and el01