General Chat Thread

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I learned from @karatekid430 jumping pin 3 and 5 can keep the GC-Titan-Ridge AIC awake at boot. This way the system can hot-detect Thunderbolt devices in Windows. It's not fully functional as hot-plug though. I need to warm boot for the eGPU to start working. The crucial piece of software is Intel Thunderbolt Software. I installed version [17.4.77.400] from Gigabyte support website.

For people who dont fancy reading it, this is the pertinent part

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Hey Noctua it's still Q1 so don't worry you still have time to release new fans

BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YO PROMISE

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
gear acquisition syndrome* EP 79:

one of this:

or four of these?

I know this doesn't interface via DDR, but 4 of these is cheaper than the 5.25" bay thing.
also could make a SATA backplane for these (or just stack these somehow) and keep a super small volume outline

EDIT: derp, typo. the one at the top is 3.5", not 5.25"

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
gear acquisition syndrome* EP 79:

one of this:

or four of these?

I know this doesn't interface via DDR, but 4 of these is cheaper than the 5.25" bay thing.
also could make a SATA backplane for these (or just stack these somehow) and keep a super small volume outline

EDIT: derp, typo. the one at the top is 3.5", not 5.25"
Depending on how tall the caps on the DIMM-style ones are, they ought to be reasonably stackable. Mounting suggestion: space two (or four, for stability, two per side) long screws through a case side panel to fit the notches on each side of the "DIMM". Screws must obviously be thin enough to fit into the notches. Use nuts to space the boards appropriately along the length of the screws. Make a custom SATA power cable to power all four, and ideally four of SilverStone's thin SATA cables. Ought to make a pretty dense storage array.