General Chat Thread

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Coming up with a brand name for products can be pretty tough

For company name is even harder since most people would like to have the same name for website's domain as well. This makes it like 100x harder.

Source: past experience in bdanding & creative industry.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Coming up with a brand name for products can be pretty tough

I came up with a logo,

<-----------

And then proceeded to sit for hours trying to come up with a name that didn't sound stupid and wasn't in use elsewhere.
Good luck!

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
This. OMG trying to match a decent name with a working domain is a nightmare.

Times like these I like trawling through top level domains for inspiration. All of these are available

• sff.boutique
  • tini.computer
  • tite.fit o_O
  • bijou.guru
  • lilli.ventures
  • outta.dev
  • wee.club
  • gosmall.tech

Good luck to everyone trying to find the perfect names.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Feels like the forum is dying.
I read stuff here for a good one to couple hours daily and I'm getting bored from the lack of new content.

I'm looking for solar PV system implementors/diy forum, any suggestions? Been to like three of them from google but nothing as technical as I'd like it to be.

On another note, finally pulled the trigger on ordering some battery stuff from Ali.

Reactions: AleksandarK

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
That's mostly my fault. I've been mostly AFK for a bit. As community manager, it's on me to push the community and add content like reviews and news. See here for more on what's been going on.
I don't mean content as in SFF.net's content - more members' content and contributions, sharing and not just asking stuff.

Organic growth is the best, and that sure doesn't fall to just one or a handful of individual. Please don't beat yourself up about it.

I'm not at the best of position and mental state too at the moment, but for me these interactions at interest forums like these allows me to switch off and be who I am, not who I need to be.

Sometimes I think I want to pickup fishing for the same reason - shutting off outside world and get in touch with your inner self, no matter how hideous that is.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I feel like it's become more of an indie product development forum. It's not really as one-off-ish (is that a word?) as it was when I first joined. Then again, compared to you, I'm a newb.
I've seen indie products and one-off projects being developed since the time I joined, but I do think some of the "regulars" have been gone for a while and I really felt their presence missed since they brought some great contributions (Hutzy, Jeffinslaw, to name a few). It almost seems like some of them just made a dip in the SFF pool once or twice and then never to be heard of from again, maybe they are still active in other modding communities though.

Reactions: owliwar

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I've seen indie products and one-off projects being developed since the time I joined, but I do think some of the "regulars" have been gone for a while and I really felt their presence missed since they brought some great contributions (Hutzy, Jeffinslaw, to name a few). It almost seems like some of them just made a dip in the SFF pool once or twice and then never to be heard of from again, maybe they are still active in other modding communities though.

Though I haven't been around near as long as you, I do agree that certain projects dying/certain people leaving/becoming inactive has really slowed this place down.

Reactions: owliwar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Just skimmed the video, and realized that the nincompoop who made it managed to not actually show opening the case? Sure, screw locations are useful, but I want to see inside the damn drive. Is it reuseable, or is the opening/drive removal destructive in some way? Oh well, I doubt I'll be buying a >$300 external SSD to shuck it anyhow.