General Chat Thread

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Would be interesting to see someone mod it to fit modern components. Without the front it looks like a beige MC600.

Yeah this really suits itself well to an mSTX build. I'd probably the PSU and try to widen the slot for an ODD. Would be pretty empty after that but still a decent HTPC.

But I'm sure someone could fit a gaming PC in there as well :D

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
sometimes you have every adapter except the one that goes from what you have directly to what you need

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
Was filing an RMA on Gigabyte's website for my 1070 and saw this
This limited warranty will not apply if a claim is made arising from any unacceptable use or care of the product including (without limitation) misuse, abuse, negligence, acts of God, unauthorized modification or repair, and unauthorized commercial use.

lol wut

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
So I was looking for Sodium Carbonate (AKA Soda Ash, AKA Washing Soda) and Sodium Percarbonate (the active ingredient of OxyClean, turns into Sodium Carbonate and Hydrogen Peroxide in water) for laundry. Amazon has it under lab chemicals.

Hmmm.

More importantly, though. With Amazon Prices, I'd be better of buying OxyClean rather than trying to make it myself unless I want to buy a 25Lb tub or Sodium Carbonate from pool supply. Will have to check brick and mortar stores now.

====
Now back to our regularly scheduled tech talk.
In which news, my Zaber Sentry arrived and it was a complete surprise. I'm undecided on if I want to transplant or sell my current system to build a new one. Now if only I'd actually get my G-Unique PSU that I pre-ordered forever ago.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Every once and a while, I toy with the idea of getting a dock for my Surface and only turn on my desktop when I REALLY need a dGPU. (Still salty they didn't decide to put Thunderbolt on the newest model.)

Reactions: Soul_Est

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
So I started a Youtube Mix off the song One More Kiss, Dear off the Blade Runner album. Despite that song being your bog standard, 30s to 40s era crooner style music, the rest of the playlist is heavy synth stuff as tends to be standard in cyberpunk movies contemporary with Blade Runner. One of the tracks in the mix is Kaneda's Theme.

MAN, I have not watched Akira in so long, but then I am behind on my list of anime movies to see. Naturally, Making of a Cyborg is also in the list, another classic I haven't watched in a while.

Also I found a neat Enjoy the Silence remix that is still pretty close to synth pop (no, it's not the one from the Live action Ghost in the Shell, this one is MUCH better).

In other news, how did I go from not giving a shit about music when I graduated 10 (!!!) years ago to now being something of a connoisseur with a large vocabulary of a wide array of genres and time periods of music?