SFF.Network Galax GTX 1050 Ti OC LP and GTX 1070 OC Mini pictured

Hey Guys,

Was surfing around as usual and was curious if Galax had done a 1050ti such as Gigabyte and MSI, went and checked their page sure enough there it was.

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/10-series/galax-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-lp.html

Looks like they're using the cooler off the 950 LP that KFA2 was using (they're the same company after all). Also using the same I/O outputs with the forced dual slot design. Doesn't seem to have an availability yet though within their store.

With that said the Galaxy Tech 750ti LP I have is still going strong in my brothers build and their warranties a bar none some of the best. So here's hoping this card is just as good as the last and moreso is available for purchase sometime soon.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Very nice find! And their heatsink design looks way better than MSI or Gigabyte's versions. I've emailed to ask MSRP and release date.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
HOLY MOLY ITS UNDER 200MM!!!
  • Dimensions(with Bracket): 195 x 130 x 41.5 mm
I instantly regret getting my zotac 1070 mini now

Reactions: ricochet

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Great to see another high end "mini" card on the market! It's a shame we don't really see many Galax products in the EU.

The exhaust vent on the rear bracket of the 1070 looks slightly miss aligned to the actual heatsink, not sure it will exhAust much heat out the rear

Reactions: ricochet

danger

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2017
Very cool! I'd love to see a review comparing the noise from the short Gigabyte, Zotac, and Galax 1070s.

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Great to see another high end "mini" card on the market! It's a shame we don't really see many Galax products in the EU.

The exhaust vent on the rear bracket of the 1070 looks slightly miss aligned to the actual heatsink, not sure it will exhAust much heat out the rear
Not with that DVI port it wont

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

Their heatsink design indeed looks superior to the MSI and Gigabyte one. As for the 4 pin fan header, it is also possible to control a motherboard PWM header based on the GPU temps with software like Speed Fan. That's how I do it, at least.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
2 DVI ports? Who is still using DVI ports? Not having at least 2x display ports is an instant disqualification for me. If it wasn't for the ports, everything else about the card looks perfect.

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah, I'm torn between this and the Zotac 980 right now : /

no_one

Jan 25, 2016
Dang, I kinda regret grabbing the LP 1050 Ti from MSI as soon as it launched. Didn't think other vendors were going to start making their own variants.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Dang, I kinda regret grabbing the LP 1050 Ti from MSI as soon as it launched. Didn't think other vendors were going to start making their own variants.

The MSI is the only one with a lower profile heatsink, which for some might be considered an advantage to those who want to use aftermarket fans.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
I still use DVI, but I also understand that I'm in the minority. I would gladly give up a DVI port and use some kind of dongle if it gave the card better cooling.

Reactions: Phuncz and confusis

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Well all my monitors are DVI too, but I still hate on the existence of DVI.
I actually have a set of DP to DVI cables (rather than just using my old DVI cables screwed into adapters), and three 2m cables was only around $40 (half of said cost being the active cable I needed). Obviously shorter cables are cheaper, and if you don't have three or more monitors, you can get passive cables in 2 packs at $9-11 per cable. The plain old adapters you screw your existing DVI cables on to are only a dollar or two more than the DVI to VGA adapter graphics cards still come with for some reason.

Reactions: Phuncz

ImperialAlex

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2016
Has anybody seen the Galax low profile 1050 Ti available for sale anywhere? Their products aren't exactly blessed with amazing availability at the best of times but it seems like this one isn't available at all so far.