CPU FYI - Phanteks Evolv Shift Update

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
So, I'm building a Cooler Master NR200, but the case I had planned to build was the Phanteks Evolv Shift Air... only by the time I got around to it, there were none available anywhere in the USA. I contacted Phanteks support and this is what I got back regarding when the Shift would be back in stock in the USA: "There is a revision to the Shift cases that will be announced shortly."

Interesting. So now I'm wondering what they are going to do to the Shift. Does anyone on here have any sort of scoop? A redesigned Shift might be worth waiting for. Maybe I should just build in my NZXT Vulcan and wait to see it.

I know it's not under 20l, but the footprint is smaller than a sheet of paper, which is why it interested me.

Neophyte

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
I know. I was just repeating what I got when I asked about the low stock situation. I have since moved on to the Cooler Master NR200. Disappointing to me that I caught Phanteks between models here, but I'm happy with the case I built in. It's perfect for my needs, and I have some concerns about the "sandwich" design anyway.

Reactions: survfate

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020
I know. I was just repeating what I got when I asked about the low stock situation. I have since moved on to the Cooler Master NR200. Disappointing to me that I caught Phanteks between models here, but I'm happy with the case I built in. It's perfect for my needs, and I have some concerns about the "sandwich" design anyway.
Oh definitely, the NR200 is great, able to support some odd size mATX is a plus to save some money off a build, plus it has alot of fexiblity!

Justsidewayz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 27, 2020
I ordered an Evolv Shift Air Oct 5th from newegg as a backorder. Later I come to find out from Phanteks that the Evolv Shift line up is out of production. Upon digging for some more info I find out there is a revision to the shift lineup and will be released in the future. I hope they are taking a good look at thermals, and maybe gpu power connection clearance. I really like the Shift but idk if I want to wait as I have all my parts for the build. Also if I do wait idk would the Mesh-Licious, or the B-Team BB1 be a better solution. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

Justsidewayz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 27, 2020
I ordered an Evolv Shift Air Oct 5th from newegg as a backorder. Later I come to find out from Phanteks that the Evolv Shift line up is out of production. Upon digging for some more info I find out there is a revision to the shift lineup and will be released in the future. I hope they are taking a good look at thermals, and maybe gpu power connection clearance. I really like the Shift but idk if I want to wait as I have all my parts for the build. Also if I do wait idk would the Mesh-Licious, or the B-Team BB1 be a better solution. Anyways that's my 2 cents.

Just seen a little thing on reddit where someone emailed Phanteks and asked for info about when to expect the new Shift series. Phanteks replied, " Hi, It is planned for end November. "

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020

doesn't look like we have 240 rad support, dang

• Sad
Reactions: Sashby

kami_sama

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2019
On the one hand, I love how small the footprint is on the case, on the other, only a 120mm aio is a bummer.