Prototype Full compatible GPU in ITX case of 5.1 L -- AUXOS INVEKTOR-ONE --

Aymetal

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 4, 2018
smallformfactor.net
Hello everyone !

Presentation :

I am Aymeric and the founder of AUXOS, after 2 years of development I am delighted to present to you my project AUXOS INVEKTOR-ONE. The result is not finalise yet and that is why I’m looking forward to hear your thoughts on this, opinions, recommendations and any questions you have in mind.

*Because of its rigidity, it can easily support a screen on top of it when it’s flat.

Specs :

Dark
30mm Type B premium PCIe x16 Riser Cable from Li-Heat
mini-ITX (170 mm x 170 mm)
38 mm (H)
37 mm (H)
Flex-ATX 150 mm x 81.5 mm x 40.5 mm (L-H-W)
268.5 mm x 130 mm x 42 mm (L-H-W)
2.5 (inch)
325 mm x 274,5 mm x 57,5 mm (L-H-W)
5.1 Liters
Aluminium (1.5 mm)
Unibody

The Agenda :

- the official website of the AUXOS brand.
- prototype number 2 (correcting some technical problems and aesthetic improvement).
- rendering the computer in computer-generated images in order to have a better overview.
- I will be creating voting polls to gather more feedbacks. Please stay tune for more updates on my forum. Would greatly appreciate your participation.

Last edited:

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
This looks amazing. Couple of questions: How much do you think it will cost? What is the maximum size for the psu? Can you use a non-blowerstyle graphics card?

Reactions: Aymetal

Aymetal

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 4, 2018
smallformfactor.net
This looks amazing. Couple of questions: How much do you think it will cost? What is the maximum size for the psu? Can you use a non-blowerstyle graphics card?

Thanks for your feedback.

- The case will be sold around 220 $.

- For power supply, the maximum size is 150 mm x 81.5 mm x 40.5 mm (L-H-W).

- All graphics cards are compatible as long as it does not exceed 268.5 mm x 130 mm x 42 mm (L-H-W), for example the RTX 2080 TI founder edition is compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017

- All graphics cards are compatible as long as it does not exceed 268.5 mm x 130 mm x 42 mm (L-H-W), for example the RTX 2080 TI founder edition is compatible.
Is there a possibility that you can sell the case with a psu included? I live in the Nethetlands and it's pretty hard to find a flex-atx psu here.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Great looking design Aymetal!

Quick question for you, where did you stash the 2.5in drive, behind the PSU? Or is it in the picture and I'm just failing at "where's Waldo?"

Aymetal

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 4, 2018
smallformfactor.net
nice. When will this case be ready? Any estimate?

Thank you.

I intend to launch crowdfunding at the end of the year 2019.
Great looking design Aymetal!

Quick question for you, where did you stash the 2.5in drive, behind the PSU? Or is it in the picture and I'm just failing at "where's Waldo?"
while PSU height is max 40,5mm, I'd guess, it will stay under PSU.

Yes that's right, the 2.5 inch drive is under Flex-ATX power supply.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I'm looking forward to updates, as this is an impressive case.

That CPU cooler support looks tight, so t-series chip will be preferable.

Overall very cool, but "world's smallest gaming case" is a bit of a misnomer, as there are one that are far smaller with full sized GPU support.

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Love the look of it, I was designing a case with a very similar layout for my personal use and it doesn’t look nearly as clean as your. Great job!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Nothing wrong, I'm a long time i7-4785T user and a T-series CPU worshiper !

I was wondering why you were triggered.

We need a T-Series master race thread, and all true intel t-series users should subscribe to t-series on youtube.

(I'm sorry, but not that sorry. XD)

#tseriescpumasterrace

Reactions: Aymetal and Goatee

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Getting off topic but I agree with @Windfall about the t-chip thread. When I first looked into buying one, I was scared to death I was going to “lose out” on performance by buying a t chip. After I bought it I was happy my fears were unfounded. I wouldn’t mind posting some benchmarks if one were added here to discuss them.

Anyways back to the case, I do have a question. I know it’s been a challenging process to get this far in your case, but one thing irks me. I prefer having all cables that hook up to the tower be on one side of the tower. In the beginning, did you look at any ways of attempting to add a power cord for the psu on the same side as the gpu/mobo? And if so what guided you to follow thru with this design?

I’m guessing size constraints, but would love to hear your input on that.

Last edited:

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018

That's definitely a totally reasonable price. Didn't know they can make the riser cards 30mm height.

Compared to the PC I designed this one will save a lot of headache. I'm also losing space due to the frame.

I did use a LAZER3D front I/O so GPU size did have have to be sacrifuced

I will totally buy this just because it's super clean.

Only if I had a CNC machine to be worth the time to redesign my case

Edit: oh I thought you used a non flexible riser cable. My biggest issue with my setuo was getting the right riser

Last edited:

Aymetal

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 4, 2018
smallformfactor.net
Getting off topic but I agree with @Windfall about the t-chip thread. When I first looked into buying one, I was scared to death I was going to “lose out” on performance by buying a t chip. After I bought it I was happy my fears were unfounded. I wouldn’t mind posting some benchmarks if one were added here to discuss them.

I still specify that the NH-L9a-AM4 and NH-L9i remains compatible, so it is entirely possible to install a processor up to 95 TDP like a i7-8700k in the silence.

Anyways back to the case, I do have a question. I know it’s been a challenging process to get this far in your case, but one thing irks me. I prefer having all cables that hook up to the tower be on one side of the tower. In the beginning, did you look at any ways of attempting to add a power cord for the psu on the same side as the gpu/mobo? And if so what guided you to follow thru with this design?

For me, the choice was obvious because having all the connections on one side allows for easy access to USB ports, audio jacks, and graphics card connections, which is ideal for virtual reality headset users. Additionally, the case can be placed under your screen so that there is nothing around you, only the computer with its Type-C USB ports, audio jacks, and graphics card connections that can be used to directly connect to your virtual reality headset. Some users even go so far as to flip their computer over to enjoy the multitude of ports on the motherboard and graphics card. I hope I have answered your question as much as possible. I plan to provide a 3D rendering of the computer on a desk very soon in order to better showcase its advantages.

Last edited:
Reactions: loader963