Power Supply FSP FlexGURU 250W/300W Flex ATX PSU Pinout Attempt (Not Verified)

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
(Mods - can you relocate this post to the appropriate forum topic? Thanks.)

Hi all,

Just spend the last few hours trying to pinout the FSP FlexGURU flex ATX PSU as I might be considering it for my next SFF build in a Velka 3 (just pre-ordered today).

I was only looking at pictures from the FlexGURU and from the older, modular Flex ATX PSU's also from FSP. The links to the pictures I was referencing are below:

FSP FlexGURU 250W/300W
FSP220-50FGBBI(M) , 2nd Link for another angle of CON3

Here's the pinout that I've come up with. Keep in mind, these are only from looking at photos and have not been verified with a DMM.

Notes:
  • CON1: I'm unsure of the pins 5 and 6 since I can't find a good picture of it. But based on the resulting pinout on the 24 PIN MAIN and 8 PIN CPU for the mobo, I would think they spread out the distribution of +12V and Ground cables as to prevent from having 3 wires in one pin.
  • CON3: I think pin 8 goes to pin 5 of the 24 PIN MAIN for -5V. Once again, I couldn't find a good picture to verify this.
  • CON2: Not sure if pin 8 has anything there. Looking at the black cabling of the FlexGURU, it looks like the 2x SATA power harnesses basically double up on pins 1-5 of CON2. That would leave pins 6-10 for the Molex connectors. And since there is no +3.3V for the Molex connectors, I think it would be possible for pin 8 to be empty.
I'm going to sleep now, but my next post will be of which pins have double or triple wires going into them on the PSU side. I very well could be wasting my time since 1) I need a PCIe 8 PIN or 6+2 PIN power connector for an ITX GPU and 2) there is rumor that the 500W FlexGURU will be coming out which has a PCIe power connector.

On the topic of this PSU not having a PCIe power connector, would anybody caution against making a PCIe connector with the +12V and Ground connections from CON2? I was researching MOLEX to PCIe adapter cables and people have used them to power their GPUs. I would need 120W for a 1660 Ti. Anybody have experience with these?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaji and k0n

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Edited the pin numbers to be consistent with the actual printed numbers on the connectors. Also added in what would be needed for an 8-pin PCIE connector vs CON2.

Then I laid out possible a possible wiring harness for 24-pin + 8-pin EPS and then an 8-pin PCIE. The layout is organized by the CON# so you could see what pin from each CON goes to which pin(s) on the other end. For the PCIE, I am putting pins 4 and 8 together and would likely use a 6+2 PCIE connector just to have that flexibility (I had noticed that my Corsair SF's had 6+2 for the PCIE harnesses, so I figure I'd follow suit).

What do y'all think?

nathanramos

Cable Smoosher
Jun 26, 2018
Edited the pin numbers to be consistent with the actual printed numbers on the connectors. Also added in what would be needed for an 8-pin PCIE connector vs CON2.

Then I laid out possible a possible wiring harness for 24-pin + 8-pin EPS and then an 8-pin PCIE. The layout is organized by the CON# so you could see what pin from each CON goes to which pin(s) on the other end. For the PCIE, I am putting pins 4 and 8 together and would likely use a 6+2 PCIE connector just to have that flexibility (I had noticed that my Corsair SF's had 6+2 for the PCIE harnesses, so I figure I'd follow suit).

What do y'all think?
Looks good! I’m planning on buying a m2427 and soldering it to my flex atx pretty soon. Will keep this in mind!

DerFritz

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 5, 2022

What do y'all think?

I own a FlexGURU 300W (PPA3004300). I needed to make my own harness for a ITX-Board, mounted into a case from an old HP Microserver Gen8.
Therefore I fiddled with the pinout of this PSU. For my version I can confirm your pinout aside from pin 13 on PSU Side/CON1, pin 13 on Main of MB side and pin numbering of CON3. I am not able to upload or link images here, please find my findings at https://i.ibb.co/ZMwKpxL/Flex-GURU-300-W-PPA3004300-Original-Connectors.png (may be somebody can post this image directly?)

Mod edit: load image as requested. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kaji

danergo

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 15, 2023
I own a FlexGURU 300W (PPA3004300). I needed to make my own harness for a ITX-Board, mounted into a case from an old HP Microserver Gen8.
Therefore I fiddled with the pinout of this PSU. For my version I can confirm your pinout aside from pin 13 on PSU Side/CON1, pin 13 on Main of MB side and pin numbering of CON3. I am not able to upload or link images here, please find my findings at https://i.ibb.co/ZMwKpxL/Flex-GURU-300-W-PPA3004300-Original-Connectors.png (may be somebody can post this image directly?)

Mod edit: load image as requested. Hope this helps.

Hi, @DerFritz,

I wish to replace the PSU in my HP MicroServer G8. Would you mind confirming a few things for me if you did the same?

1. Is it screw-by-screw perfect with the HP MS G8? I.e. Can I install it easy or I'll have to get troubles with placement of screw holes?
  2. Do I have to create my own harness as you did with these adjustments to have the power led and power switch working? (btw: I'm keeping the stock motherboard of the G8)
Thanks very much.