Formula Loli1 5.12L Build

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
Hello all,

This is probably my favorite case right now since it is pretty much one of the smallest that can support dual 92mm top fans, 48mm CPU cooler height, and up to ~185mm of GPU length. It's also really handy to have a USB port in front as well. Didn't realize how much I missed that until I didn't have one before.

Its a bit of a size increase over my last Velka 3, but I was feeling the RGB fomo, so I wanted more RGB around.

This size increase allows my CPU cooler to have RGB, RGB ram, and 2 RGB 92mm fans on top.

There is an overall performance increase over the Velka 3 I had earlier due to the better cooler (AXP90 vs Jonsbo HP-400) and better cooling fans on top.

Case Specs: 234mm x 192mm x 114mm (9.2in height x 7.6in length x 4.5in width)

Specs for those wondering:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
CPU Cooler: Thermalright AXP90 + Coolermaster G200P RGB Fan
Case Fans: 2 Coolermaster G200p RGB Fans
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64gb (2x32GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570i
GPU: MSI Aero ITX 2070
PSU: Enhance 7660b 600W Flex ATX
Case: Formula Loli1

outtatheblue

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
Did you order this case from Taobao, and was it the "official standard" option? Also, how many 2.5" drives can be installed? The Taobao listing says 3 2.5" drives, but have only seen pics where one drive is installed.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
Did you order this case from Taobao, and was it the "official standard" option? Also, how many 2.5" drives can be installed? The Taobao listing says 3 2.5" drives, but have only seen pics where one drive is installed.

Hello!

Yes I ordered the case from Taobao. I ordered the 577 yuan option so it comes with 2 aluminum side panels on both side.

I'm not sure on 2.5 inch drives, I am only using a m.2 drive, but I can certainly imagine 3 in there if I cable manage well enough.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I took a quick look on those owners' reviews. My conclusion is:- two 2.5'' drives on the side of the CPU, next to the PSU, and one 2.5'' drive on the side of the GPU.
See these 2 pics. They are not from the same build but they show you where to install those three SSDs.

Reactions: murtoz

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
This looks like one of the better quality Flex 1U case. 3mm aluminum panels and with more space to tidy up the cables. Tempted to get one myself.

outtatheblue

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
Thanks guys for the input/feedback! This case is pretty impressive for the price and what you're getting in the package. Other cases in similar size & form factor usually only accommodate one 2.5" drive, and may or may not have case fans...this one satisfies both needs without a big leap in case dimensions compared to something like a K39. And build quality looks to be pretty high with the thick panels.

Seems like a great upgrade from the FX 4.7L I've been using currently.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
Thanks guys for the input/feedback! This case is pretty impressive for the price and what you're getting in the package. Other cases in similar size & form factor usually only accommodate one 2.5" drive, and may or may not have case fans...this one satisfies both needs without a big leap in case dimensions compared to something like a K39. And build quality looks to be pretty high with the thick panels.

Seems like a great upgrade from the FX 4.7L I've been using currently.

Yeah I am very satisfied with the case quality. Its very nice and sturdy and feels very good. :) I feel this case makes the best compromises in terms of cooling capabilities and small size.

carthagenine

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020
Has anyone seen any updates from Formula 1? I've been looking for this case but I've only found the black version it. The white version blends way nicer with the RGBs.

outtatheblue

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
I ordered the "white" Loli1 from Taobao through Superbuy back in June and received it a little over a month later. The color is more of a light aluminum gray, but is very satisfying to look at with or without RGB.

Just checked the Taobao link I ordered from, and it looks like the listing was taken down. Hoping that's not a bad sign.

carthagenine

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020
This case made me really look into sfx builds. The side panels matched seamlessly and the flush screws completed the look.
I've been looking for any links to this specific case but they all were dead. Hopefully they'll get the original listing back up or open another shop.
Thanks for checking though.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
This case made me really look into sfx builds. The side panels matched seamlessly and the flush screws completed the look.
I've been looking for any links to this specific case but they all were dead. Hopefully they'll get the original listing back up or open another shop.
Thanks for checking though.

You can get it from here too. Personally I think it's pretty well made based on the pictures from users, but I am not so into Flex 1U power supply with that teeny weeny fan. :)
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...yvUmgc&id=604982640360&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail

outtatheblue

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
You can get it from here too. Personally I think it's pretty well made based on the pictures from users, but I am not so into Flex 1U power supply with that teeny weeny fan. :)
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...yvUmgc&id=604982640360&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail

This modified Enhance 7660b Flex PSU serves me well in the noise department, and is recommended by a lot of other users on the forum:

Haven't had any noise complaints from the PSU fan...the noise from my R9 nano takes the cake for that :)

The case is definitely well made for what you pay for. I went with the option for aluminum panels instead of the clear panels, and the price was still under $100 (excluding shipping...). Fitment of the panels was astounding...everything fits as it should in a nice tight package. The only thing I would've changed was to have labels on the box of screws along with some instructions on which screws go where for the mobo, GPU riser, GPU bracket, etc. Other than that, it's a solid ITX case for a tiny build.

carthagenine

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020

Thanks. I'm using google translate so it keep translating to "circle bee". Didn't see this thread's model and colour in the seller's pictures. I really like the honeycomb pattern on the side panels. Now I'm, kind tempted to design and 3d print my own case.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Hello all, I'm looking to switch from my K39 Ryzen 3950x to this Loli1 case. Only difference from OP's build is that I'm using a Black Ridge w/92mm Noctua Chromax 14mm Black fan. I like the idea of the 2 top fans which should get my temps down. Can anyone that has a similar build using a Ryzen 3950x tell me what kind of temps they're getting. Currently running on ECO MODE (65watts) and would like to run with PBO instead if temps are favorable. Thanks to everyone who respond!

Greed

Efficiency Noob
Jun 22, 2021
你这个是淘宝下单的吗,是不是“官方标配”的选项?还有,2.5"能装多少个?淘宝的listing上说是3个2.5",但只看到装了一个的图片。
In fact, I installed 4 2.5-inch hard drives, including two 5TB drives (15mm), a intel 900p (15mm|U.2), and a Samsung pm963 (7mm|U.2). For this reason, I can only install an LP graphics card.