g-alantic ga6605 3.84L itx case brickless & silent w/2400G

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Previously I had re-hosted an old i3770K build in one of these boxes, and liked it enough to buy a second though the price went to $70 delivered. I already had a 2400G in a Realan K3 case but the venting always kept temps on the warm side and it didn't really fit nicely under my monitor. The only downside to this ga6605 case was the FSP180 flextax supply while not noisy always had a small amount of fan noise mostly I think due to lack of fresh input air to the flex internal fan and warm air re-cycling inside the case.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...now-w-guts-aka-i3770k-on-a-p8z77i-mobo.11369/

So I managed to source a USA supplier for FSP150-50FGBBB fanless supply like link below, ~$80 delivered. One oddity is that the AC receptacle and bottom are flipped from the FSP180, so the open frame part is now closed sort of. I would think the FlexAtx spec had a consistent top/bottom and AC receptacle placement.

www.sparklepower.com/pdf/FSP150-50FGBBB.pdf

Had to change the Wraith Stealth cooler fan to a Titan low profile, but otherwise about 15 minutes to transplant from the K3 to the ga6605

Edit 12/5 : Added BOM
  • Case - G-Alantic GA6605
  • Mobo - MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC
  • PSU - FSP150-50FGBBB
  • RAM - G.Skill Flare-X F4-3200C14D-16GFX 2x8GB
  • CPU - AMD 2400G and Wraith Stealth cooler
  • HSF - Titan TFD-9515M12ZP/KE(RB) 95 x 95 x 15 mm Fan
  • SSD - Samsung PM981 Polaris 256GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 x 4
  • PCIE Card - M.2 NVMe SSD NGFF To PCIE 3.0 X16 Adapter
  • Startech 8" CPU power extension

Temps are more in line with what I wanted and the box is silent, more testing to be done.

EDIT: A bit of cable management, still room for improvement, can't see using the SATA power(or the floppy power lol!)may just cut those and have Molex for backup/future stuff.

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Fits perfectly, done except for some internal tidying of cables. So far runs cool, fits better, looks better, brickless, and silent.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig and Soul_Est

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Neat build! I hadn't seen anyone use the FSP150-50FGBBB before. Seems like a good fit for plug-n-play, silent, and brickless APU builds.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Neat build! I hadn't seen anyone use the FSP150-50FGBBB before. Seems like a good fit for plug-n-play, silent, and brickless APU builds.

Thanks, I might snap another PSU up for my other case, it sounded like they only had a few left. I could only find some in the UK for considerably more $ up until the US place popped up in a google search. These appear to be discontinued.

Got it here, emailed ahead to make sure of stock as you order the 120 but the ship the 150
https://www.atxpowersupplies.com/120-watt-power-supply-FSP120-50GNF.php

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jul 2, 2015
Final cleanup;

1) Ran front panel power LED and switch wires/connectors thru mesh sleeving and routed on top side, prep for eventual M.2 on the bottom side, but had to bundle HDD LED(only lit on boot up anyway too fast otherwise) and Reset switch lines to front panel(could only fit 2 thru sleeving).

2) Changed out stock 50x10 fan for a 50x15 Gelid fan I had from the K3 box for more air flow at lower RPMs(silent either way), just fit with a tiny bit of clearance(also for air flow under mobo).

3) Cutoff one SATA power and the floppy power connectors so the remaining could be bundled toward front panel.

4) General routing cleanup of the rest of the cables/wires

I did need an extension for the CPU power cable without getting into the PSU, may hack the connector at some point but not seen so no real problem except for OCD. May put a chromax Notua on eventually as Titan has a very faint PWM buzz at certain mostly low, < 600 RPM but under normal ambient sound conditions not audible ( and really have to lean in to hear it but I know it's there, argghh).

Temps mid 20Cs to 30C at ambient 17c, fans at ~800 RPM each.

Edit: Added Gkrellm system monitor ~40 minutes into a DVD rip software encoding, cores maintaining mid-70C's with occasional pop to 78C or so at 100% all cores, Vcore holding steady at 1.33V with TDP capped at 65W, without cap 90C+ as Vcore would blowout.

Last edited: