Power Supply [Flex PSU] FSP Guru 300W

Vardas

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
Greetings! Saw a review on YouTube from Custom Mod about new flex PSU from FSP and I'd like to know what do you think and if anyone here got any experience using this psu.

Product link

Review link (russian)

PSU was tested with RTX 2070 and, unlike 9900k in the previous test with seasonic ssp-300sug, it's an overclocked i5 (you can see the full cpu model name at 8:10, but I can't quite say what is it because of the quality. Apparently it's one of the 90+ tdp models that is overclocked to consume similarly as 9900k).
(previous review link: )

So in the previous test with ssp-300sug, everything was OK in non-game benchmarks and stress tests until it came up to games and 3d mark, when the system was just shutting down. The fix was to decrease the gpu power limit to 70% and gpu work frequency by 500 Mhz.

During this test with fsp flexguru-300w, same gpu but different cpu that I mentioned above, everything went ok and even wasn't really loud. Noise was recorded at 7:24, when cpu and gpu began to decrease their fan speed so we could hear the psu. It's also mentioned that this psu drops the fan speed faster than any other flex psu they had their hands on.
The most power consumption I could see on this test was 312W (at 6:01), but I wonder what is an absolute peak that is available on this psu.

So what do you think of this "guru" psu? I'd really appreciate if anyone here has experience with it and shares it in this thread.

Reactions: deeree and k0n

bnkl

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 31, 2019
What's up
So here's a video from OptimumTech about pretty optimized velka 3 build with flex-atx "FSP Group Mini ITX Solution". Thing is you have to mod the fan in the PSU. bless the content creator shows how to do it too.
Velka 3 is just about the only choice at this volume IMO

Vardas

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 26, 2019
What's up
So here's a video from OptimumTech about pretty optimized velka 3 build with flex-atx "FSP Group Mini ITX Solution". Thing is you have to mod the fan in the PSU. bless the content creator shows how to do it too.
Velka 3 is just about the only choice at this volume IMO
Hey, thanks for reply. Flex PSUs are infamous for their noise out of the box, that's why this particular one that I mentioned is interesting for me as it was designed to be quiet.
About the case, I believe you meant to reply in my 4.7l build thread? Velka 3 seems like a very optimized in terms of space build, it is 3 millimeters less in length 13 millimeters less in width, but allows only for 37 mm cpu cooler while the one I chose - up to 48 mm, and ram up to 42 mm unlike 55 mm max in my case.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Thanks for the heads up about the Custommod video! They are even offering it on their website with custom cables (shorter length + added GPU 8pin). That's great because the stock cables were the main downside of this PSU. I'm going to order one right now (thanks to SFFTEC who delayed my ENP-7660B 600W order until march).

Reactions: Vardas

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Thanks for the heads up about the Custommod video! They are even offering it on their website with custom cables (shorter length + added GPU 8pin). That's great because the stock cables were the main downside of this PSU. I'm going to order one right now (thanks to SFFTEC who delayed my ENP-7660B 600W order until march).

Have your received your flexguru 300w yet? Curious what you think about it.