Fits a RTX 3080 ?

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Ahh balls, can't edit the post to add an image, sorry for the double post:

luf

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2020
why do you think it wont fit with the loser card mod? just curious what measurements you are looking at cause when I checked it should fit fine. wondering if I looked at the wrong measurements.

Well with the losercard gpu riser the clearance for the depth of the card becomes 130mm. In the default spot you can just barely put the sidepanel back on. Losing 14mm means you will have to run it without the side panel.

Here is the copy and paste from the losercard page:

MOD KIT LIMITATIONS: PLEASE READ!!!
  • Reduces GPU height compatibility to 130MM (original: 144MM max height). Some GPUs are exceptions to this rule if they have recessed PCI-E power ports.

luf

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2020
Oops, I think I got my measurements mixed up. I wish I could delete or edit my post lol. I think I'm wrong.

Reactions: bhk1004

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Well with the losercard gpu riser the clearance for the depth of the card becomes 130mm. In the default spot you can just barely put the sidepanel back on. Losing 14mm means you will have to run it without the side panel.

Here is the copy and paste from the losercard page:

MOD KIT LIMITATIONS: PLEASE READ!!!
  • Reduces GPU height compatibility to 130MM (original: 144MM max height). Some GPUs are exceptions to this rule if they have recessed PCI-E power ports.
That specifically says height, not depth. The losercase mod just moved the GPU straight up.

Reactions: bhk1004 and luf

MaxThrustJELLO

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2020

I'm new here, but I've been a fan of SFF PC's. I have a Dan Case A4 V3, started with a 1080ti FTW3, then 2080 Super, and NOW... 3080 Founders Edition!!! Here are my specs.

Gaming PC (aka ShoeBox):
MOBO - Asus ROG Strix Z370-I
CPU - Intel i7 8086k (Delided and all cores clocked at 5ghz)
CPU Cooler - Asetek 545lc
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 (2x8GB)
GPU - 3080 Founders Edition!!!
Case - Dan Case A4 v.3
Monitor - Asus VG279QM 280hz & Asus PG279Q
Mouse - PC Gaming Race Glorious Model "D"
Keyboard - Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown w/ dampeners)
Headphones - Philips SPH9500
DAC - Sennheiser GSX1000
Mic - HyperX Quadcast
Cam - Sony a6000

I stream on Twitch. I streamed the GPU Swap/3080 FE Install on 10/22/20, check the vod link below. The struggle was changing the orientation of the PSU and reorganizing the cables... BTW I also have a 3090 FE, will be doing another build with that soon!!!

3080 FE Install -
Twitch Channel -
Kinda long, Bad camera angle, no real planning, but I got it done! I was just excited to slap her in.

MaxThrustJELLO

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2020
@dondan
A plastic clip broke off my Dan Case A4 V.3 and I'm wondering how/where I can get a replacement. Was wondering if you can make a case that could fit my 3090FE!

MaxThrustJELLO

Efficiency Noob
Oct 23, 2020
Nice build!

How are temps for the GPU? Any issues with the PSU being reversed?
Running heaven 4.0 gpu hits 70-75ish maxed out running for 30min while my delided 8086k @5ghz is at 65-70. I did not want to try running the 3080 without reversing the psu. I gave it one shot, if it didn't run well then I would have kept the 2080 super. My vod shows me actually tackling the transplant. Hope this helps! Cheers!

dirk_262

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 6, 2019
Ok, I can confirm the 3080FE works pretty well within the Dan case.
Battlefield V, 1440p, all ultra , FPS at ~ 144.
GPU temp 64°C.
Psu is „only“ 600W, but working fine. CPU is a 3700x.

Last edited:
Reactions: joconnell

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
@dirk_262 - Did you try it with the extra stand off screws for more air movement behind the card or is this with the normal gpu slot? Which cpu / cooler combo are you going with too?

definelicht

Caliper Novice
Sep 24, 2020
Ok, I can confirm the 3080FE works pretty well within the Dan case.
Battlefield V, 1440p, all ultra , FPS at ~ 144.
GPU temp 64°C.
Psu is „only“ 600W, but working fine. CPU is a 3700x.

I'm now convinced that this is a good idea with the spacere. But impossible to get one, especially in Europe :-(

dirk_262

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 6, 2019
@dirk_262 - Did you try it with the extra stand off screws for more air movement behind the card or is this with the normal gpu slot? Which cpu / cooler combo are you going with too?

I'm now convinced that this is a good idea with the spacere. But impossible to get one, especially in Europe :-(

This is my setup:
Gigabyte Aorus Pro WIFI AMD B450
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair SF Series SF600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
SanDisk Extreme PRO M.2
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Topblow
GeForce RTX3080 Founders Edition

What I’ve changed compared to the „standard build“:

-Removed the plastic sheet behind the gpu
-Reversed the psu so that the intake of psu facing the gpu exhaust.
-10mm higher 3d printed stands so that the exhaust fan under the psu will achieve a better air flow outside the case
-3d printed mount for 2pcs 40mm fans (exhaust) on top of the psu so that the warm air from gpu and psu will be pulled out of the psu and case.

If someone is interested in it, I can post some photos of details.

Cheers Dirk

Last edited:

definelicht

Caliper Novice
Sep 24, 2020
This is my setup:
Gigabyte Aorus Pro WIFI AMD B450
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair SF Series SF600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
SanDisk Extreme PRO M.2
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 Topblow
GeForce RTX3080 Founders Edition

What I’ve changed compared to the „standard build“:

-Removed the plastic sheet behind the gpu
-Reversed the psu so that the intake of psu facing the gpu exhaust.
-10mm higher 3d printed stands so that the exhaust fan under the psu will achieve a better air flow outside the case
-3d printed mount for 2pcs 40mm fans (exhaust) on top of the psu so that the warm air from gpu and psu will be pulled out of the psu and case.

If someone is interested in it, I can post some photos of details.

Cheers Dirk

Sounds very interesting with the 40mm fans: are you sure this solution doesn't work at least as well without flipping the PSU?

dirk_262

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Aug 6, 2019
Sounds very interesting with the 40mm fans: are you sure this solution doesn't work at least as well without flipping the PSU?
No, you have to flip the psu. Otherwise the warm air from the gpu can’t exit the case properly.
Maybe you can use the 3080FE without the additional 40mm fans, but I was concerned my psu will be overheating at higher ambient temperatures.
At the moment everything is ok, but in the summer it could lead to problems. Especially with my 600W psu (recommend is 750W).
So I wanted to be sure and installed them :)

Last edited:

definelicht

Caliper Novice
Sep 24, 2020
No, you have to flip the psu. Otherwise the warm air from the gpu can’t exit the case properly.
Maybe you can use the 3080FE without the additional 40mm fans, but I was concerned my psu will be overheating at higher ambient temperatures.
At the moment everything is ok, but in the summer it could lead to problems. Especially with my 600W psu (recommend is 750W).
So I wanted to be sure and installed them :)

Did you actually test the difference between flipped and not flipped with everything else left the same? From the discussions in the stickied thread, it seemed like people were getting the same or worse temperatures from flipping the PSU, and would have PSU overheating issues.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
No they got better temps but a louder PSU. This is a smart solution. Maybe a 92mm fan will fit on top?

joconnell

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2019
So we have this as an exhaust solution and also people getting better temps by adding the additional stand off spacers also to give the 3080 more of a gap between it and the psu - interesting!