First SFF Build in Ghost S1

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
I wanted to share my first SFF build.
The PC is built inside a Ghost S1 Batch 4 case.
It houses the following specifications:

Ryzen 3900x​
Hyperx Fury 32gb 3200hz cl16 kit​
Aorus x570-i​
Corsair sfx 750w PSU​
Zotac 2070 Super Mini​
Corsair MP600 1TB​
Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB​
Alpenfohn Black Ridge CPU Cooler​
Noctua NF-A9x14​
Noctua NF-A12x15​
Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM​
Pslate 24-pin Ghost S1 cable​
Pslate CPU pin Ghost S1 cable​
In order for the CPU cooler to clear the RAM I had to remove the heat sinks so I used a heat gun and then slowly and gently peeled the casing off. It was quite the adventure but it worked well. The most important part was patience as I feared if I took the heatsinks off too forcefully I would remove the modules on the PCB. Thankfully it worked properly. The 92mm fan presented a problem. The two slim fans were configured pointing downwards towards the motherboard and It produced the worst high pitch noise I have ever heard in a PC. Because the 92mm fan was facing downwards beneath the heatsink, the centerpiece of the fan had no separation and was contacting the heatsink. To solve this I placed O-rings that were used as dampeners from one of my other keyboards in between the fan and the heatsink where screws mount in place. This seems to work quite adequately.

I plan to put in the 3600xt when it releases as it seems redundant having to change the power usage, applying an undervolt, keeping stock clock speeds, and disabling the weakest cores in the die. I will most likely be putting the 3900x back in my NZXT h220 with my Asus ROG Strix x570-i when I purchase the 3600xt or 4600x depending on how things work out.

Currently, the temperatures on idle are sitting at 38c to 44c at idle and at load, it stays at around 60c to 66c. Overall I am very happy with the build as I very much enjoy the portability and size comparison between my Tada68.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nice looking build. I have the regular sleeved cables from pslate in my Ghost, I wish I had gone with the unsleeved cables, they give you so much room.

Reactions: Kylenol

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
Nice looking build. I have the regular sleeved cables from pslate in my Ghost, I wish I had gone with the unsleeved cables, they give you so much room.
Thanks! Yeah it was a breeze to build with the pslate cables. A lot of fun and not much hassle even to fit the full size fan in their.

Fede

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2020
Nice work!!

I can't stop thinking about your keyboard, is retroilumined or dosn't have labels? ?

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
Nice, clean build.
There is so much space left when installing a mini GPU. Anything planned for that space?

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
Nice, clean build.
There is so much space left when installing a mini GPU. Anything planned for that space?
That empty space is going to be the future home of a 3080. Very excited

Last edited:
Reactions: CuMiCo

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
Nice work!!

I can't stop thinking about your keyboard, is retroilumined or dosn't have labels? ?
They are DSA blank double shot pbt keycaps I got from different keycaps sets. However I don't know the keycaps type of the enter key. I think is SA