File Conversion?

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
I'm trying to get a prototype itx case built. I have the frame completed, but i need 2x panels laser cut. I found someone local that can do the work but they need a dxf file. I don't do this sort of thing regularly. I have it modeled in sketchup online. I just need the 1 file converted. I don't mind paying a small fee, but i really don't need a program to do it as i likely may never need to do this again.

Any recommendations? It would be great if there was a website where i could upload a file, pay a small fee, and then be able to download the same file in a different file format.

mindad

Chassis Packer
Dec 22, 2019
Not sure what format Sketchup can save/export.

I can try converting it to DXF/DWG for you tomorrow at work if you attach a file in a format I can open/import.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
Also, there's this: https://cloudconvert.com/dxf-converter

I didn't search any further, but there's a few of them around.

I appreciate the effort, but it doesn't appear they convert from the file types i can download as. Sketchup online only lets you download files as either a .skp or a .stl. The only other option it gives without buying the pro version of the software is a picture with .png format, but its basically just a screen capture from a specified angle.

I was able to get the small case 3d printed with an .stl, but trying to get a 2d model laser cut has me stumped so far.

Daniel.f2277

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2020
I can help u right now, at work. I made dxf files before for my own custom laser cut side paneling. Do you have any special requirements like line colors for operations?

Edit: Or let us know when you've got it done :)