Storage Fastest 42mm M.2 SSDs? (And upgrading M.2 WiFi?)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
Hey!

I'm looking to upgrade a system I have built on an ASRock Z97E ITX/ac.

Its maximum length for a M.2 SSD is unfotunately 42mm, and I'm having a hard time shopping for cards that will fit in there. Right now I have a Transcend ~120GB drive, and I'd definitely like to upgrade to ~250GB or even ~500GB or more if I could. Games take up so much space these days!

Also, the range on the Bluetooth of this board has been giving me a bit of trouble, I'd be interested in upgrading it if a path for that actually existed. Whether that was through new antennas, a new M.2 card, or both.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
The only 512GB option is indeed hte Transcend MTS 400. ZTC Armor exists but is not available, I bought one on Canadian Amazon and the seller apologized for not having it and whether a replacement to the Transcend is acceptable and given the big price difference, sure it is. This has been widely discussed in the ThinkPad community for the T470 and older and most importantly the T25 has a M.2 2242 for a second SSD.

These are not particularly fast SSDs but they are SSDs nonetheless. Speed is on the PCIe side of the road :)

Reactions: Soul_Est